Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 08:37:19 pm

Author Topic: Year 10 entry for Suzanne Cory HELP!?  (Read 1532 times)  Share 

ThatsCap

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Year 10 entry for Suzanne Cory HELP!?
« on: April 05, 2021, 11:06:21 pm »
Hi guys, so I’m completely freaking out due to the fact that I was just made aware that for the year 10 entry co curricular achievements are a major criteria. Failing the year 9 entry exam really hurt as I put a lot of effort in. I hardly have any co curricular achievements, all I have is my Australian Air Force badge, a couple of academic achievements and the current leadership role I have is House captain of my school but I’m pretty sure these schools are looking for more. One major setback I have is that my school doesn’t give out badges, medals, certificates etc all that often. Plus we have no clubs such as debating clubs, academic clubs and so on that I could use to my advantage. Is anyone willing to share any tips/guidelines for me regarding year 10 entry for Suzanne Cory? Also is there anything I can do in this point of time for a better application letter or any additional co curricular achievements?
Thank you guys for bearing with me and reading everything I’ve written.

mabajas76

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +13
Re: Year 10 entry for Suzanne Cory HELP!?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2021, 11:42:50 am »
+3
Sorry about the set back, don't worry these things happen. In terms of co curriculars, school is not the only option. Go to a church or shelter or look up and find some volunteer work, that is always a big bonus. Maybe go out and join a chess club outside of school. Look for things that make you stand out, perhaps learn an instrument and join band, or learn another language? That always impresses. But beyond this, focus on academics, make sure you stand out because remember that their are a lot of people who wish to enter that school and all of them are incredibly intelligent, much like yourself I'm sure.
"Don't give up, and don't put too much effort into things that don't matter"-Albert Einstein, probably.

ThatsCap

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Year 10 entry for Suzanne Cory HELP!?
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2021, 05:19:17 pm »
+1
Thank you for the kind words and information, I’ll try my luck at learning an instrument and see if I can volunteer at any nearby shelters or maybe even cleanups