Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:31:13 pm

Author Topic: Class of 2024 Discussion Thread  (Read 10451 times)

lm21074

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +594
Class of 2024 Discussion Thread
« on: July 24, 2021, 02:03:55 pm »
+4
Class of '24 Discussion Thread!

Hello and welcome :) Feel free to introduce yourself here.

Here are some prompting questions:

To answer these questions, click "select", then Ctrl + C and paste it onto your reply when you make your post (this will reserve the bold font, created by the code).

Code: [Select]
[b]1. What subjects are you doing and which do you enjoy the most?[/b]

[b]2. How have you found Year 9 so far?[/b]

[b]3. What are you looking forward to the most about the rest of your high school journey?[/b]

[b]4. Who would you rather fight - ten duck-sized horses or one horse-sized duck - and why?[/b]

For the people who are not in Year 9 anymore in the room - what's one piece of advice you'd give to a Year 9 student?

Feel free to give as much or as little detail as you like! :)
2021: VCE
2022: Science / Arts @ Monash

HUA0007

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: -2
Re: Class of 2024 Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 03:22:21 pm »
For the people who are not in Year 9 anymore in the room - what's one piece of advice you'd give to a Year 9 student?
When I was in Year 9 I was getting pressure to become a doctor but I had to refuse Melbourne High.
Some actual useful advice is that if you had family pressure is that you need to sort that out.
Methods and Chem are hard subjects and it's really difficult to get proper study techniques/timetable if you don't attend a selective school.
Because you're in Year 9 you know stuff about VCE.
YOU HAVE TO watch YOUTUBE VIDEOS OF SOMEONE DOING A YEAR 12 EXAM THEIR OWN WORK.
Year 9 and 10 is difficult because if someone has to do smart subjects they can't
1) Go home and not try and their strict parents can tell they're not trying
2) When Year 9 report cards get sent, get screamed at because they're not trying. And because of the strict parents, they have no understanding of how VCE it works. And you fall into a mindset "Asian parents are like ______".
Year 9 is really important because that's when all high scorers get serious about school. SACs, subjects.
Literally in Year 12, all high scorers from Year 9 onwards at no point lost their study momentum.

yorktown

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2021, 10:57:41 pm »
+2
1. What subjects are you doing and which do you enjoy the most?
No VCE subjects yet. General subjects. If I get better at science I might enjoy it.

2. How have you found Year 9 so far?
Difficult. It's not as if I'm failing but it's difficult.

3. What are you looking forward to the most about the rest of your high school journey?
Graduating will be fun. 3/4s will be interesting..

4. Who would you rather fight - ten duck-sized horses or one horse-sized duck - and why?
Definitely the ten duck sized horses! A giant duck (or a horse) would crush me.
VCE 2023 and 2024

Phie

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2021, 11:42:42 am »
+3
1. What subjects are you doing and which do you enjoy the most?
Right now I am currently doing, digital technologies, visual arts, history, english, 10 advanced math and science.
2. How have you found Year 9 so far?
Alright so far, remote learning is a real pain in the ass though. Year 9 has been pretty chill for me this year.
3. What are you looking forward to the most about the rest of your high school journey?
I am looking forward to doing Psychology and Methods 1/2 next year.
4. Who would you rather fight - ten duck-sized horses or one horse-sized duck - and why?
Ten duck sized horses, wouldn't stand a chance against a horse sized duck.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 03:08:02 pm by Phie »
VCE Class of 2024
2023: Methods | Psychology
2024: