Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 12:51:30 am

Author Topic: Selective School Test 2022  (Read 19318 times)  Share 

ureba

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
Re: Selective School Test 2022
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2021, 08:26:29 pm »
Yeah, That's true! I might decide to go if I get in and some of my other friends too.

Sanju271

• Adventurer
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2021, 08:36:39 pm »
Hi guys

I am sitting for test next year.
Can you please share any vocabulary words from VR and RC , if you guys still remember . Just want to have idea about level of vocabulary words, they ask

thankx

Selective User

• Forum Regular
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2021, 09:25:39 pm »
Hi guys

Can you please share any vocabulary words from VR and RC , if you guys still remember . Just want to have idea about level of vocabulary words, they ask

thankx

Hey Sanju,

The level of vocab was honestly not hard, I think most people knew 80% of the vocabulary and I only remember a couple of words, such as aspersion and overt. Besides, you don’t really need to know the meaning of the word, because you could just pick the odd one out from the options and use elimination. One of the questions was like which is the odd one out: overt, like, match, same, equal and it was so easy, so vocabulary should be fine. Also, there weren’t many questions on vocabulary, instead there were mainly puzzles, reasoning and sequences rather than questions such as “what does extirpate mean”? Also for reading, study comics, poetry and long texts because those were the ones here. But mainly try study for the maths exams because those were very difficult this year. Most people got over 80% for reading and verbal, but maths and numeric will play the deciding part as they seperate the average kids from the best ones. The person beside me somehow finished on maths when I was like halfway - either they are a genius or they gave up midway.

Hope it helped a bit

ureba

• Trendsetter
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2021, 09:36:51 pm »
I agree. The thing about maths was that even though I knew the topics they were talking about in the question, it was a lot of application. SO they might give you a formula and ask you to work out something. I remember a question about SohCahToa exact values as well. Also one about cubic equations and parabolas. The first 10-15 questions were fairly easy. Most of them were simple BODMAS problems with decimals in them. Just make sure you're good at application type questions although I think that's a skill you can't really learn and you just have to know.

AnxiousInd

• Trailblazer
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2021, 11:31:24 pm »
Oh you won't regret coming to MHS  ;)
Hopefully I get in first   :-\

ureba

• Trendsetter
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2021, 11:20:35 am »
Also for anyone giving the test next year, I think this vocab list on vocabulary.com will help!
100 top SAT words: https://www.vocabulary.com/lists/23400

OckTheOctopus

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +7
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2021, 04:08:32 pm »
Hi guys

thankx
Selective User is right. I studied only maths for 8 months and guessed half the questions in maths. I think they made this year's one especially hard to make up for the cut writing exam.

Good luck for next year!

somebody8442

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2021, 06:45:50 pm »
Hi guys

thankx

Vocab is 1/4 of one test. Don't worry about vocab since you will mot likely know every word they give anyway.

somebody8442

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2021, 06:46:52 pm »
+1
Hopefully I get in first   :-\

All I can say is hope for the best!

Sanju271

• Adventurer
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2021, 10:38:34 pm »
Thanks Guys .

Do any of you remember any punctuation and grammar questions from RC

Thanks

ureba

• Trendsetter
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2021, 08:46:43 am »
Yeah. I think it was just the same as practice tests. It was literally like doing a practice test.

Selective User

• Forum Regular
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2021, 11:58:03 am »
Yeah, there weren't many questions on punctuation/grammar. I don't remember any sorry, but you should focus of maths instead (parabolas, quadratics, surds, equations and a bit of polynomials).

ureba

• Trendsetter
« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2021, 01:28:29 pm »
I agree. Also there was a question about trigonometry exact values as well.

OckTheOctopus

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +7
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2021, 05:10:08 pm »
Yeah, there weren't many questions on punctuation/grammar. I don't remember any sorry, but you should focus of maths instead (parabolas, quadratics, surds, equations and a bit of polynomials).
Emphasis on quadratics. Around a third of the exam iirc was talking about quadratics. The math and NR practice paper on the DET website was way easier than the actual test.

ureba

• Trendsetter
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2021, 07:00:40 pm »
Omg, I actually studied quadratics for 3 months and did not realize that the test had quadratic questions lol. I think it was a bit wordy and I did not bother to read (the last questions especially).