Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:03:41 am

Author Topic: Selective School Test 2022  (Read 19038 times)  Share 

AnxiousInd

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Selective School Test 2022
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2021, 09:41:52 am »
I don't know if this is meant to be some info that you are not supposed to give but do you knowif the exams are similar to the hendersons prac exam?

ureba

• Trendsetter
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2021, 02:23:14 pm »
I am not sure if you already gave the test but I did and yes, the Henderson practise exams were accurate to the verbal reasoning and kind of for reading and numerical. Maths was a whole other deal lol. Good luck if anybody's still giving the test!
PS. We can discuss the test here after everyone is done :)

Selective User

• Forum Regular
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2021, 02:26:17 pm »
What time is the last slot?

Selective User

• Forum Regular
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2021, 02:29:37 pm »
I did pretty good in verbal reasoning and reading comprehension, but numerical and maths were hard... The questions were very different to the practice exams of any tuition, and the numerical reasoning questions were quite lengthy. I guessed about 15-20 on each of the two maths exams but found RC relatively easy (only guessed 1) and Vr also simple (guessed 4-5 at the end). How did you do in the maths exams and English ones (how many did you guess or think you got right).

somebody8442

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2021, 02:42:07 pm »
I did pretty good in verbal reasoning and reading comprehension, but numerical and maths were hard... The questions were very different to the practice exams of any tuition, and the numerical reasoning questions were quite lengthy. I guessed about 15-20 on each of the two maths exams but found RC relatively easy (only guessed 1) and Vr also simple (guessed 4-5 at the end). How did you do in the maths exams and English ones (how many did you guess or think you got right).

You probably did really well because from what I heard, many people guessed 30 questions in maths. It's good to hear that VR and RC was easy for you and I hope that you get in!

Tysm! Just wanted to ask if you think there were any advanced maths questions such as topics from year 10a maths.

Hi! I'm really sorry that I could not reply to this before the exam but I was pretty busy at the time. I hope you get into macrob!

Hi, does anyone here go to Kambrya College or know about its level of competitiveness? I go to Kambrya, and my friend told me he thinks there are about 60 people trying out, but there might be more (I am holding 70 or so) and 16-17 people can get in. I read somewhere that Kambrya is quite competitive, and 5 people got 4 sups (but that was in 2019 before writings were removed) so I'm a little nervous (Kambrya also has SEAL which I'm trying out for if I don't get accepted in my school of choice). I would appreciate it if anyone knows about Kambrya's competitiveness or how many people try out each year.

Kambrya is pretty competetive so you may or may not get in. Lots of people quit last year because of COVID-19 so it may be relatively easier, but hope for the best.

somebody8442

• Trendsetter
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2021, 02:43:35 pm »
I am not sure if you already gave the test but I did and yes, the Henderson practise exams were accurate to the verbal reasoning and kind of for reading and numerical. Maths was a whole other deal lol. Good luck if anybody's still giving the test!
PS. We can discuss the test here after everyone is done :)

Maths was pretty hard, but they do it to test your knowledge and stress capabilities because selective schools give a LOT of hard work and it can be pretty stressful. I hope you did well!

ureba

• Trendsetter
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2021, 04:13:03 pm »
Yeah. I think most people said that the English exams were easy while maths and numerical were quite hard. I studied for 6 months just for maths yet I guessed about half the test. For rc and verbal, I think I guessed about 6-10. Did you guys see that pegion that entered the stadium lol

Selective User

• Forum Regular
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2021, 04:53:00 pm »
The person who said the fridge was annoying was not lying, it was so loud for 5 minutes and then it became silent for the next 5 minutes and it took time to adjust to it. I hope that I got in but thinking about it just makes me feel speculative so I'm going to just wait until I get the results on December the 8th.

ureba

• Trendsetter
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2021, 05:10:01 pm »
Lol. I was at the very front I am not sure what fridge people were talking about. When did you give the test tho? I gave it today in the morning.

Selective User

• Forum Regular
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2021, 06:01:13 pm »
To people who have done the exam before, do they send emails to unsuccessful applicants or do they only send emails to people who got a spot?

Sanju271

• Adventurer
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2021, 06:48:01 pm »
Hi Guys

Was there a cartoon doctor talking to earth text

somebody8442

• Trendsetter
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2021, 06:59:38 pm »
To people who have done the exam before, do they send emails to unsuccessful applicants or do they only send emails to people who got a spot?

I'm pretty sure it's both. I personally got in, but I am pretty sure that the rejected participants get a notice of their rejection. Anyway, just chill and relax and try to forget this test because in reality, selective schools are just schools and not jobs!

AnxiousInd

• Trailblazer
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2021, 07:20:04 pm »
I just did the exam. Maths and NR were sooo hard and I was not at all expecting that since i got 50/60 for the hendersons prac exam. Verbal and RC were relatively easy. Good luck to you allll! Hope we all get in!

Alomoac

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2021, 07:23:15 pm »

they send emails to both, tends to be that they send emails to successful applicants first.
"It's not about being nice, it's about doing the right thing."

ureba

• Trendsetter
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2021, 07:42:45 pm »
Yeah, there was one cartoon about that. I think I did C on that one.