Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 02:56:54 am

Poll

Whats your situation? (pls vote im curious) *vote to see results*

Got an offer but declined
3 (8.1%)
Got an offer and accepted it
22 (59.5%)
Fully rejected
12 (32.4%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Voting closed: January 27, 2022, 09:51:21 am

Author Topic: Who else is waiting for the results?? (2021 yr 9 entrance exam)  (Read 25605 times)  Share 

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Who else is waiting for the results?? (2021 yr 9 entrance exam)
« on: December 02, 2021, 10:49:00 pm »
+1
Hi !Since there’s no posts that are updated since November I just created one.I was wondering if any of u guys are waiting for the results???  And if anyone has any good advice about not getting or getting in please say. The results hasn’t come out it’s coming like next week but I just want to prepared lol. Any advice??

Selective User

• Forum Regular
Re: Who else is waiting for the results?? (2021 yr 9 entrance exam)
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2021, 11:52:14 pm »
I’m just like you, anxiously waiting waiting for the results to come out (on December the 8th). I don’t have any advice sorry, but what sort of things are you looking for?

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2021, 04:12:52 pm »
I’m just like you, anxiously waiting waiting for the results to come out (on December the 8th). I don’t have any advice sorry, but what sort of things are you looking for?
Omg someone actually replied 😭
Yeah so idk, I’m fearing for my life tbh. The days are getting closer and closer til the results… I’m not expecting for a very high results but like atleast something that’s better than low if that makes sense. Wbu?

OckTheOctopus

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +7
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2021, 05:37:48 pm »
First round of offers are on the 8th. You will get your results (how well you did on the exam) on the 20th :)

somebody8442

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2021, 07:16:57 pm »
Hi !Since there’s no posts that are updated since November I just created one.I was wondering if any of u guys are waiting for the results???  And if anyone has any good advice about not getting or getting in please say. The results hasn’t come out it’s coming like next week but I just want to prepared lol. Any advice??

Hope for the Best, Prepare for the Worst.

Selective User

• Forum Regular
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2021, 07:17:09 pm »
Omg someone actually replied 😭
Yeah so idk, I’m fearing for my life tbh. The days are getting closer and closer til the results… I’m not expecting for a very high results but like atleast something that’s better than low if that makes sense. Wbu?

I pretty much did the same as most people trying out for my school. About 8-10 people did better than my group and it just comes down to luck in the end I guess. I did well in rc and good in verbal, but maths and nr went not so good (I guessed quite a few). Do you have an estimate as to what time the results will come?

• Adventurer
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2021, 07:17:31 pm »
Applied
First round of offers are on the 8th. You will get your results (how well you did on the exam) on the 20th :)

Oh yeah, true true. Do you know how exactly does the 5% rule work??
Nearly all the ppl from my school who did the exam (around 30 or more) and it’s very competitive
how many do u think they  pick in schools like mine? I’ve heard around 10 (in total) get picked to the schools and not 1 school. I’ve heard some situations like mine where they came from competitive schools and they didn’t get in.

-From what I’ve heard -
I think it all depends on how well other ppl did and how you did & there’s no standard for this exam. Superior could be like 35. Because obviously there’s around 4k people who do this exam every year and some only come with no studying, and some study for years for this exact exam.  This exam is a lot pressure but there’s so many smarter people out there that did not sit this exam, maybe because they didn’t know or don’t find the schools interesting something like that. They basically want people from only the people who sat the test. So those who get in arnt the smartest people out there (not in a shady way). But the way they pick from competitive schools are unfair and should give more chances. Tbh I think they just want variety of people from different schools.

• Adventurer
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2021, 07:24:35 pm »
I pretty much did the same as most people trying out for my school. About 8-10 people did better than my group and it just comes down to luck in the end I guess. I did well in rc and good in verbal, but maths and nr went not so good (I guessed quite a few). Do you have an estimate as to what time the results will come?
Yeah the results will be out next week. Do you think the rejection comes out more later or?? Tbh it’s not the end of the world but my current school is so not it.This was 1 of my escape plans. It’s gonna be tough to recover from. But failure is the motivation to success, so I’ll keep going! 😀

OckTheOctopus

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +7
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2021, 07:52:51 pm »
Applied 
Oh yeah, true true. Do you know how exactly does the 5% rule work??
Nearly all the ppl from my school who did the exam (around 30 or more) and it’s very competitive
how many do u think they  pick in schools like mine? I’ve heard around 10 (in total) get picked to the schools and not 1 school. I’ve heard some situations like mine where they came from competitive schools and they didn’t get in.
The 5% rule means that only 5% of your year level can get into the 4 schools. This is to prevent a saturation of students from competitive schools. The side effect is that it makes it easier for those in less competitive schools to get in.

-From what I’ve heard -
I think it all depends on how well other ppl did and how you did & there’s no standard for this exam. Superior could be like 35.
You're right. The exam scores are relative, but they also have a set passing grade, hence why not all of the 5% of your year level might get in.

• Adventurer
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2021, 08:00:24 pm »
The 5% rule means that only 5% of your year level can get into the 4 schools. This is to prevent a saturation of students from competitive schools. The side effect is that it makes it easier for those in less competitive schools to get in.
You're right. The exam scores are relative, but they also have a set passing grade, hence why not all of the 5% of your year level might get in.
Wait wdym by year level ?is it the people from the school who sat the test? Or is it the people in total in year 8 from the school. It doesn’t make make sense lol

• Adventurer
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2021, 08:31:51 pm »
Hope for the Best, Prepare for the Worst.

I have a question for you. I’ve seen you replying in a few posts from awhile back lol. But do they send rejection letters along with the first round offers? And do u get a rejection letter before recieving 2nd round /3rd?

somebody8442

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2021, 09:25:06 pm »
+1

I have a question for you. I’ve seen you replying in a few posts from awhile back lol. But do they send rejection letters along with the first round offers? And do u get a rejection letter before recieving 2nd round /3rd?

Yep. From what I heard, you get rejection before the other offers. Everyone accepted gets emails first, then the rejection emails go out, then the rounds proceed.

Selective User

• Forum Regular
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2021, 04:46:38 pm »
Wait wdym by year level ?is it the people from the school who sat the test? Or is it the people in total in year 8 from the school. It doesn’t make make sense lol

It's the total in yr 8, so if you have 300 kids, then 15 can get in at max (including PD now), so if 50 are trying out, then you have a 30% chance of getting in.

Selective User

• Forum Regular
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2021, 03:20:37 pm »
+1
The results are coming out tomorrow from 9am to 12am I think. Best of luck to everyone who sat the exam and I hope we all get into the school of our choice.

ureba

• Trendsetter
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2021, 05:38:54 pm »
Tysm for telling the time the results were gonna come. Not me checking my e-mail every minute lol. Good luck to you too. Share your results here after you get them!