Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 02:29:57 am

Author Topic: Henderson Papers  (Read 4610 times)  Share 

Aligator1000

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Henderson Papers
« on: February 03, 2022, 07:04:21 pm »
Hi, will Henderson papers that were made in 2014-2016 be helpful and similar to the real selective entry test or is it harder, easier or just not accurate?? Let me know!!! ;D

Shanan :D

• Trailblazer
Re: Henderson Papers
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2022, 07:37:10 pm »
Hi, will Henderson papers that were made in 2014-2016 be helpful and similar to the real selective entry test or is it harder, easier or just not accurate?? Let me know!!! ;D

I mean the only concept that I found quite accurate to the actual exam from Hendersons was verbal reasoning and maybe reading comprehension. Doing past papers is always good, however, don't rely too heavily on 2014, 2015 or 2016 papers as they may be quite different as the concepts in the yr 8/9 curriculum have changed. Also going over some year 10 concepts may help you.

somebody8442

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2022, 07:47:40 pm »
There isn't really a curriculum that both the selective school exam and Hendersons follow so those exams will still be accurate in some way or the other.

• Trailblazer
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2022, 08:45:16 pm »
There isn't really a curriculum that both the selective school exam and Hendersons follow so those exams will still be accurate in some way or the other.

Idk dude, I doubt that doing the really old exams will help much with the newer exams, especially considering that the exams supposedly get harder every year. On top of that, many people stated that the last year exam was incredibly difficult for them and they had to guess the majority of the questions. I am unsure if this is a one/two off thing (last yr and yr before) but I reckon that the test will still remain at that level of difficulty to keep the pattern of harder and harder exams for each upcoming year. Don't get me wrong though, doing practice in any form is almost always good so using materials you have/can get is always a great option!

Also by the curriculum, I meant that the concepts in the sel exam are largely in the victorian year 8/9/maybe 10 domain, so I apologize if that was unclear  ;D.

Hope this helps!

somebody8442

• Trendsetter
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2022, 02:20:34 pm »
Idk dude, I doubt that doing the really old exams will help much with the newer exams, especially considering that the exams supposedly get harder every year. On top of that, many people stated that the last year exam was incredibly difficult for them and they had to guess the majority of the questions. I am unsure if this is a one/two off thing (last yr and yr before) but I reckon that the test will still remain at that level of difficulty to keep the pattern of harder and harder exams for each upcoming year. Don't get me wrong though, doing practice in any form is almost always good so using materials you have/can get is always a great option!

Also by the curriculum, I meant that the concepts in the sel exam are largely in the victorian year 8/9/maybe 10 domain, so I apologize if that was unclear  ;D.

Hope this helps!

nah it's fine. All i meant was that they use the same questions and change them a bit and add/remove stuff. Ik what you mean but trust me, they would not change it so suddenly and the tests have always been as hard as they are now whether they cover really complex functions to 3d parabolas and what not. If you have practice material, treat it like the real test because even tuitions recycle their test papers every year with the exception of Hendersons which gets feedback from students every year on what was on the exam (making it pretty accurate). I didn't mean to offend you and if I did, I'm so sorry for that. Also, how was orientation?

Selective User

• Forum Regular
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2022, 03:22:10 pm »

Hi, I myself did Henderson’s last year while preparing for the exam. I did 2 mock exams and 2 reading comprehension sessions. I don’t know about 2014-2016 exams, but Henderson’s was not very helpful in their paid sessions. The only part which was helpful for me was the mock exam, which I didn’t get great scores but learnt from it a lot. This years verbal reasoning exam had very similar questions to Henderson’s and the maths/nr were kinda similar but had way harder content. Their reading was really tough for me and I did trash in their mock exams, but found the real Rc exam simple.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 07:58:39 pm by Selective User »

• Trailblazer
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2022, 03:46:01 pm »
nah it's fine. All i meant was that they use the same questions and change them a bit and add/remove stuff. Ik what you mean but trust me, they would not change it so suddenly and the tests have always been as hard as they are now whether they cover really complex functions to 3d parabolas and what not. If you have practice material, treat it like the real test because even tuitions recycle their test papers every year with the exception of Hendersons which gets feedback from students every year on what was on the exam (making it pretty accurate). I didn't mean to offend you and if I did, I'm so sorry for that. Also, how was orientation?

Hi there!

Don't worry, you didn't offend me  ;D

Orientation was alright lol, the school is a lot bigger than anticipated though. How did you find your orientation?

Thatsme

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2022, 10:13:30 pm »
Hi, I am after Henderson past paper. Can someone please help me with it. Thanks

ureba

• Trendsetter
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2022, 02:13:37 pm »
Henderson's past papers were pretty accurate in reading and verbal. Maths was really different but numerical was sort off accurate.

somebody8442

• Trendsetter
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2022, 07:13:49 pm »
Hi there!

Don't worry, you didn't offend me  ;D

Orientation was alright lol, the school is a lot bigger than anticipated though. How did you find your orientation?

Sorry for the extremely late notice, I wrote the exam quite a while ago and my orientation was kind of daunting. Good luck and have fun this year!

Thatsme

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2022, 09:26:11 am »
Henderson's past papers were pretty accurate in reading and verbal. Maths was really different but numerical was sort off accurate.
Can you please share the past papers