Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 08:36:56 am

Author Topic: Sac 1  (Read 5615 times)  Share 

Sundrica

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Sac 1
« on: February 24, 2022, 10:46:32 pm »
+1
Hi guys, I have my Sac in Biology and I wanted to get some feedback.
My sac is about deshelled eggs being put into distilled water, 1% salt solution and 10% salt solution.

Aim:
The aim of this experiment was to investigate the osmosis occurring through the semi-permeable membrane of the deshelled eggs in distilled water, 1% salt solution and 10% salt solution.

Hypothesis:
It is hypothesised that if the deshelled eggs were placed in solution of more, less or the same concentration, then as an effect, the deshelled egg will shrink, swell or stay the same. If placed in a 10% sucrose concentration solution, then a hypertonic reaction would occur over the time period as though there will be a net movement of water going out of the deshelled egg. Whereas if placed in distilled water, then a hypotonic reaction would occur as the experiment goes on as though there will be a net movement of water going into the deshelled egg. Finally, if the deshelled egg is placed in 1% sucrose concentration, then an isotonic reaction would occur meaning that there will be no change over the time as though there will be no net movement of water across the semi-permeable membrane of the deshelled egg.

thank you :)

Sathu1

• Fresh Poster
Re: Sac 1
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2022, 07:49:42 pm »
pls i have my first bio sac tmr and literally have no idea whats going on

Kerry_atarnotes

• Fresh Poster
Re: Sac 1
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2022, 07:54:03 pm »
pls i have my first bio sac tmr and literally have no idea whats going on

Listening in class and taking notes is a great idea!
Current 3/4 subjects:
English, Physics, Biology, Methods and Business.