Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 10:33:26 am

Author Topic: 2023 Victoria Selective High School Entrance Discussion  (Read 3290 times)  Share 

SHS001

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
2023 Victoria Selective High School Entrance Discussion
« on: May 06, 2022, 12:18:35 pm »
Hi All,
How you guys are preparing for SHC Entrance, we got only 11 more weeks  ::)

I could see mock test is conducted by various Tutoring centers, Is it better to take the Mock test now or closer to the exam, Any suggestion please....

anhad_05

• Fresh Poster
Re: 2023 Victoria Selective High School Entrance Discussion
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2022, 11:40:46 pm »
+1
Hi All,

I could see mock test is conducted by various Tutoring centers, Is it better to take the Mock test now or closer to the exam, Any suggestion please....
Hey, when I was preparing for the test, i was done learning all the content a month before the test and I spent the last month doing practice tests. That being said, you can take the mock test now and see how you are standing against your peers and get to know the areas where you may need a bit of improvement and do the same test again later on. But make sure to mark your tests after you do them and actually go through what you got wrong as this will be very beneficial. Oher than that, Good luck!

SHS001

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2022, 08:33:56 pm »
Thanks for the reply, Yes will do mock test earlier than later  :)

Salma_7052

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2022, 04:30:31 pm »
 If you have the means to do so I would definitely go for mock testing earlier rather than later so you have more time to know what to target.
 I know of Spectrum Tuition which are doing theirs on the 23rd of June. I’m not sure of the actual  experience but I have a few friends who’ve done it previously and it helped them out a lot :)

Hi All,

Freaking out 😅 I’m working from a year 9 math text book (Cambridge) to work through some of the concepts and doing a bunch of practice prompts for writing. This forum is great: https://atarnotes.com/forum/index.php?topic=193899.0

SHS001

• Adventurer
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2022, 07:01:42 pm »
  Freaking out 😅 I’m working from a year 9 math text book (Cambridge) to work through some of the concepts and doing a bunch of practice prompts for writing. This forum is great: https://atarnotes.com/forum/index.php?topic=193899.0

8) ..Keep Going

stefineyyien

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2022, 07:54:05 pm »
hey guys,
 I'm doing the yr 9 entrance exam and I'm introduced to topics I've never heard off before, I've done some mock test but keep on getting terrible scores(in my opinion) any helps here please?

Joseph1120

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2022, 08:06:00 pm »
hey guys,
 I'm doing the yr 9 entrance exam and I'm introduced to topics I've never heard off before, I've done some mock test but keep on getting terrible scores(in my opinion) any helps here please?

I recommend you or anybody else who needs some guidance to view this forum if you have not already:
https://atarnotes.com/forum/index.php?topic=155074.0

Imo it is great and simple to understand. Includes many great strategies that I also used during the exams. Feel free to reach out with any questions :) (mhs '23)