VCE Stuff > VTAC Discussion

Changing preferences a year after.

(1/1)

wilson:
Hi.
Sorry if this question has already been answered.
I'm having second thoughts about my first preference and it's obviously too late to change. The course I now want to do is not listed  in my preferences. I am taking a gap year in 2010 so should I just reapply for the course I now want to do in 11?
thanks for your help.

Gloamglozer:
You could re-apply later this year in preparation for uni next year.  But that complicate things because you will not be classified as a "year 12 student".  I'm not sure but more than likely, you'll be classified as a "non year 12" and if you've looked at some courses, they have extra requirements for non year 12's with one being that you have to fill out the PI form.   And not to mention you'll have to pay VTAC fees again...

Another option to to apply for an Irregular Offer and while you're at it, ask the selection officer if you can defer it.  For more information about Irregular Offers, visit here.

vexx:
if you take a gap year, i'm quite sure you have to apply for all your preferences again through VTAC during that year.
your current vtac preferences are for 2010 entry only, and must be updated for 2011 during 2010 if you want to go to uni then..

wilson:
Thanks a lot!
very helpful.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version