Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 11:04:24 pm

Author Topic: Make Your First Post!  (Read 287625 times)

Lauradf36

• Trendsetter
  • "Don't rest on your laurels. Decorate with them"
  • Respect: +1
Re: Make Your First Post!
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2016, 05:39:01 pm »
+1
woah

By impending doom I mean trials. But also anxiety and life in general
ATAR: 98.85

English Adv: 94
English Ext: 47/50
Ancient history: 94
Legal studies: 94
Music I: 93
Religion II: 95

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2593
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2016, 05:53:01 pm »
+1
😂😂😂 welcome to the forums, we could use your kind around here 😜
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

Lauradf36

• Trendsetter
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2016, 06:06:54 pm »
+1
😂😂😂 welcome to the forums, we could use your kind around here 😜

We could? Well that is good to know!

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2016, 06:09:18 pm »
This has just made the 6 exams i have to in 5 days (Starting 1st Aug or this monday) that much more livable. People like this are the reason i signed up for this forum 😂😂😂

Lauradf36

• Trendsetter
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2016, 07:27:27 pm »
This has just made the 6 exams i have to in 5 days (Starting 1st Aug or this monday) that much more livable. People like this are the reason i signed up for this forum 😂😂😂

I aim to please.

I'm guessing your sentiments are similar?

sam_ch

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2016, 09:34:23 pm »
+3
This isn't my first post, but oh well!  ;)

1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? (Mandatory)
I'm in Year 12.
Subjects: English, Psychology, Biology, Chinese SL, Food Tech and Math methods :)
(ugh math methods is killing me...)

2. What movie do you most passionately hate? Provide justification. (Mandatory)
Hmm... So far I haven't found a movie that I really hate... But maybe it's because I watch less movies and much more dramas  ;D

3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? (Mandatory).
A sword. I'm assuming that it is light and hopefully, that I have the strength to use it and hack repeatedly at zombies hahaha

4. Who do you want to be as a person, what do you want to achieve? (Optional)
I want to be someone who can stand up for what I believe is right.
I don't really know what I want to achieve in life, but I would like to achieve a great ATAR! :)

5. If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say? (Optional).
My life is 70% enjoyment, 20% sleep, and 10% work... When will VCE be over...

Glasses

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Disclaimer: I wear contact lenses now.
  • Respect: +186
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2016, 01:12:54 am »
+3
1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? (Mandatory)
Currently in Year 12 - Completing Literature, English, Legal Studies and Business Management; and I completed Religion & Society and Psychology last year.

Dumb and Dumber - For some reason, I just seriously hate this movie. I did not find it funny in the slightest (although that may be in part because I am not really a fan of Jim Carrey). And to make it worse, whilst the people around me laugh when they watch the movie, I just end up sitting there looking like a judgemental prick - and I blame Jim Carrey for that.

3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? (Mandatory).
A chair. Not to hit the zombies with or anything, but just so that I could sit down and chill (and maybe have a snack or something) before being killed. I guess that when/if I'm going to die, I'd rather die doing something I love - not being physically active.

#whenANgetsdeep. Education-wise, my aspiration is to study Law & Psychology. Career-wise, I'm hoping to become a lawyer, and use this as an opportunity to help people, and do some genuine good in the world (whilst also obviously breaking some stereotypes regarding lawyers being douchebags).

5. If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say? (Optional).
I'm going to break the rules here and do some dot-points instead of a paragraph...
- Wearer of glasses, due to deteriorating eyesight (not because I'm a hipster [the amount of times I've been asked this is insane]).
- Both an introverted and extroverted person.
- Potential Millionaire Hot Seat Contestant (I had an audition the other day).
- Family-oriented (I'm Italian, it's compulsory).
2015 - 2016 (VCE): Psychology, Religion & Society, Legal Studies, Business Management, Literature and English
2017 - Present: Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/Arts (Criminology & Psychology) @ Monash University

Aug 2016 - Sep 2018: VIC State Moderator

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2016, 08:48:22 am »
I aim to please.

I'm guessing your sentiments are similar?
Haha yeah mine would go something like:
Im currently trying to do my HSC, but not doing very well. Headed for centrelink next year, all donations accepted :D or Trials, HSC, 2 lots of big exams without big results.

Sorry if im using certain stereotypes ;D

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2016, 09:30:27 am »
+4
A chair. Not to hit the zombies with or anything, but just so that I could sit down and chill (and maybe have a snack or something) before being killed. I guess that when/if I'm going to die, I'd rather die doing something I love - not being physically active.

+1, you win this thread

I'm going to break the rules here and do some dot-points instead of a paragraph...

banned
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

Glasses

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Disclaimer: I wear contact lenses now.
  • Respect: +186
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2016, 12:32:57 pm »
+2
+1, you win this thread

banned

It's ok I understand. My first thought once I clicked 'post' was "oh no, I hope Heidi doesn't ban me. She's the scariest mod ever." So it's ok, I understand. :(

Spoiler
Hahahaha, just kidding - you suck.

Spoiler 2
To be honest, the main reason I did these spoilers was to see if I knew how to do them...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 12:37:43 pm by Glasses »
2015 - 2016 (VCE): Psychology, Religion & Society, Legal Studies, Business Management, Literature and English
2017 - Present: Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/Arts (Criminology & Psychology) @ Monash University

Aug 2016 - Sep 2018: VIC State Moderator

Lauradf36

• Trendsetter
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2016, 04:45:39 pm »
Haha yeah mine would go something like:
Im currently trying to do my HSC, but not doing very well. Headed for centrelink next year, all donations accepted :D or Trials, HSC, 2 lots of big exams without big results.

Sorry if im using certain stereotypes ;D

Haha I feel you bro
-fist bumps sadly-

Izzy999

• Adventurer
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2016, 05:52:38 pm »
+6
Actually my first post, bc I'm a rule follower
In year 11 doing 3/4 Psych, Chem, Methods, Music, Literature, Politics (probs not continuing idk) and Religion (not by choice)
Grown ups. I hate Adam Sandler and I didn't watch it by my own choice. Also probably because I'm pretentious as hell and thought that I was above that sort of humour idk.
A gel pen. Because even though its useless against zombies, at least I can write a nice looking note that will last longer than I will
I want to do good stuff, and somehow do something that will make me remembered by the world. Other than that there aren't any rails for this trainwreck
Pokemon, sleep, procrastination and maccas
2016: Psych [42]
2017: Chem [43] Lit [41] Methods [36] Drama [31] Further [50]~ 98.2

msxcbvc

• Trailblazer
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2016, 07:34:33 pm »
+1

12. I'm taking chem, physics, lit, methods and RMIT uni extension. I did bio last year.

How to lose a guy in 10 days. My sister made me watch it several times in one day every day for 3 weeks and now I can't stand it.

An axe? I guess it's sharp and also heave enough to be used like a bat? I have no clue.
2015 Subjects: Biology [42]
2016 Subjects: Maths Methods [34], Literature [36], Chemistry [37], Physics [36], RMIT Extend (Science) [5.0]

ATAR: 94.25

Sssssrr

• Forum Regular
  • School: NGS
  • School Grad Year: 2016
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2016, 09:50:32 pm »
+1
1. Year 12 doing  chemistry, biology, geography, english advanced and general maths
2. batman vs superman - terribly boring
3. most likely a jeep.

FallingStar

• Forum Obsessive
  • Be yourself and be your best self.
  • Respect: +19
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2016, 10:18:09 am »
Not my first post but hopefully this helps the AN community to understand me.

1. What year level are you in right now and what are your subjects?
Year 12. Subjects: English, Methods, Geography, Visual Communication and Design, Physics.

2. What movie do you passionately hate? Provide justification.
What's Eating Gilbert Grape. This was a movie that I had to study in year 10 and I really hated it. The storyline is too superficial in my viewpoint, and is too sentimental for my INTP mind. All I find about it is a dysfunctional family and really dull life, which all makes up for a dull movie which to me, is hardly inspiring me to do anything, and does not challenge me. Also, I believe that there's more to life than what is presented in this dull film, where it is (my interpretation) all about family, country life, feelings and there's nothing where there is large scale change, or even practical change to the dull situation in the town in general. It doesn't make me happy or inspired. It just makes me depressed, which added to my already low self esteem. In summary, too sentimental for my likings (as a person who does not get emotional when watching moves). Too make matters worse, it was taught by a teacher I really didn't like, and this teacher has more respect for emotional values than me. She is someone who actually cannot teach and talks too much about herself.

And I could just go on and on and on and on... But I'll stop

3. In the event of a Zombie apocalypse, what you be your weapon of choice?
The most likely real life believable situation for a zombie apocalypse would be some sort of epidemic or disease that turns people into zombie like creatures. In such a case, my weapon of choice would be a vaccination of the particular disease or some sort of treatment or, if available, a cure. I'll probably run some sort of science laboratory where scientists would work on the cure and the prevention of transmission of a disease as such, so that we can eradicate the disease causing this Zombie apocalypse.

So my weapon of choice in summary: Science. (even if I end up dying to find the cure)

4. Who do you want to be as a person, what do you want to achieve?
I want to be one of those people, who wake up, looking forward to work (as opposed to dreading the fact that I go to work). To do that, I want to find what my passion is (which I have yet to do) and pursue that. I'll be living the dream.

5. If you had to summarise your life in a (long) paragraph, what would you say?
I all honestly, I had a life of being heavily bullied in my primary school years, but some people from a rich family. Other people in my year didn't treat me that well either and I was a very unpopular person. Come my first high school. Looking back, that was my Golden era in terms of friendships. I had a pretty good group, which is diverse in their backgrounds and some of them are a little bit of a misfit. There was a particularly smart Ethiopian girl, a signer who is diagnosed with mental health issues, and lots more. Then conflict arises, one which I deeply regret (I wish it never happened). So the group was badly torn apart from then, and to make matter worse, I moved to my current school. So starting at my current school I was rounded like I was a celebrity surrounded by fans. Whilst many would interpret this as a good thing, but my INTP mind didn't like it. They asked me what my favourite TV show was, or my favourite celebrity. Given that I was a pop culture illiterate (and still am) I could not answer these questions. Also, I hated to talk about celebrities because I know nothing about them so I struggled. So come year 10, my favourite year level. I did everything I enjoyed (apart from the having to watch the movie above). And the girls that surrounded me had finally understood me. Then year 11 and 12... And into the great unknown.

A side note: What have you learnt in the story of my life?
Well, what I have noticed during these events is that I should be myself, and be my best self. So a very overused quote by Oscar Wilde: "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Despite pressures to become someone that everyone else wanted me to be, I stood my ground and retained my individuality. Fortunately my friendship group in my old school was very accepting of everyone's differences with one of them even saying something I really took to my heart: "being weird is good because it means that you are different and unlike everyone else." So be yourself, and be your best self.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 10:20:06 am by FallingStar »