Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 09:48:53 pm

Author Topic: Please read - new website launching, AN to be down temporarily!  (Read 5052 times)  Share 

ATAR Notes Official

• Administrator
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +207
+17
EDIT: We've hit a couple of snags, but the site will soon be down, and the new version launched. Exact timing TBC, but we're almost there! Thanks for your patience, everybody.

Hi everybody! Today, we come with some really big and exciting news: namely, the biggest website upgrade in ATAR Notes’ history. ✨

The ATAR Notes forums were established in 2007 and, since then, the site hasn’t seen too many software changes. Across the years, “bits and pieces” updates, along with software becoming outdated, have meant that we simply haven’t been able to do as many things as we would have liked. Ultimately, this has meant that the ATAR Notes community hasn’t been able to benefit from resources as much as it possibly could.

Naturally, that needed to change. For that to change, we needed to heavily invest in the website. And that’s exactly what we’ve done.

Some users will know behind the scenes that this has been a lengthy process, spanning the course of multiple years, and facing many roadblocks. But we are now in a position to launch an exciting, fresh, and much more user-friendly website, which will benefit thousands of students not only this year, but for many years to come.

A new website, of course, means change, and change can lead to uncertainty. That’s why we want to make it clear what’s going to happen with the new website.

A new discussions section

The current iteration of the forums (what we’re using right now) will be archived and changed to “read-only” mode as of this week. That means you will still be able to read old threads and posts on the forums, but you won’t be able to make changes or add new posts to threads. The archived version of the forums will be moved to http://archive.atarnotes.com/forum.

Instead, there will be a new discussion section that functionally takes its place. The discussions section will be more in line with modern online discussions, and will hopefully be a lot easier to navigate and use for new users. There’ll still be various sections (state-specific discussions, national discussions etc.) to categorise discussions in the easiest way.

You may need to register a new account. However, if you use the same email address you have used for your current forum account, we will eventually port over statistics like post count and respect. This won’t happen immediately but is on our to-do list post-launch, so please be patient on this. Assuming you use the same email address, you’ll be notified when this is complete.

As you’re the ones who know the forums and their vibe best, we’ll be really interested in your feedback - not just across the discussions section, but across the whole website. We’ll mention below how to best give your feedback, but this will be really important to use to ensure the discussions section is working as intended.

It might be a bit of a change initially, because the discussions section won’t be populated with 15 years of content (and will initially be quite sparse), but eventually we hope the change will benefit everybody. Some aspects (like post counts, moderator/leader structure and permissions, perhaps some discussion sections) may not be entirely complete or functional at launch, but please do be patient as we tick it all off bit by bit.

A more holistic website

More than just the new discussions section, there will also be a new homepage, articles section, free notes section, shop, search function, and so on - practically a complete overhaul! We’re hoping that everything will sync a lot more nicely, and you’ll be able to find specific resources from across the entire ATAR Notes database a lot more easily.

Timeline

As mentioned above, this has been a long process, and we’re so happy to finally be in a position to share our progress with you. IMPORTANT: The website will be brought down on Friday 1 July, and will be back up (in its new form) next week. However, digital ATAR Notes Lectures will still be running from 4-8 July inclusive.

The launched website will only be Version 1. Whilst we’re super proud of what we’re launching, there is more to come, and we’d really like your feedback to make sure we’re hitting the points and resources that students actually want.

On the new website, including the new discussions section, there will be a prompt to provide feedback, or to report any bugs (as this is Version 1 only, small bugs and hiccoughs are very possible!). Please use that function to report any errors or issues.

Just in summary, the current iteration of the ATAR Notes forums has existed for nearly 15 years, with more than 450,000 members, more than 80,000 threads, and more than 1,000,000 posts. Many of us have spent many hours here, and I’m sure that will remain the case on our new and improved discussions section!

We can’t wait, and we’re really looking forward to it. Thanks everybody! 🥳
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 08:37:44 am by Joseph41 »
PMs on this account are not monitored. Please contact us here.

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
Re: Please read - new website launching, AN to be down temporarily!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2022, 01:06:41 pm »
+3
Fantastic news. :)
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

lm21074

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +594
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2022, 06:25:13 pm »
+3
It's been a long time coming! Super excited to see the new site :)
2021: VCE
2022: Science / Arts @ Monash

Mahathi_2209

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2022, 08:42:59 pm »
Umm hello, I just have a question. It would be very helpful if you guys just take some time to answer.. so Im currently in year 9 and I wanna do selective for year 10, um so I was wondering that if I go to tutoring classes then which subjects should I prepare for? Is it just ENGLISH AND MATHS? OR IS THERE ANY OTHER SUBJECTS I SHOULD PREPARE FOR. PLEASE HELP ME AS LIKE IF YOUR SENIOR STUDENTS AND U HAVE DONE SELECTIVE, THEN YOR PROBABLY WOULD KNOW ALL THE PROCESSES INVOLVED. SO I JUST NEEDED THIS ANSWER. IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HELPED ME.

THANKS..