Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 07:40:58 pm

Author Topic: Anyone need help with preparing for the selective exam?  (Read 18294 times)  Share 

Cynopoly

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: Anyone need help with preparing for the selective exam?
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2022, 04:45:24 pm »
hey! im not sure if this is late to the forum or really relatable at all. I tried out for the year 9 entry in 2020 and received a late offer for my first preference, nhs (too many people tried at my school and i got cut off at the 5% rule) . My mum unfortunately rejected it since it was late and was overall a miscommunication, but we could not get it back. I tried again in year 10, to which i received 2 superiors and many many burnouts. I know maybe 2 people that did end up getting in that year, but the test was online and i also heard a lot about cheaters. it is all so upsetting, i know most of the people there and even my friends agree that some of the cohort should really get kicked out (not just bad grades low effort, we r talking about inappropriate actions and assault here) but the teachers dont take it too seriously. I am trying again this year, but my current school workload is massive, and i only just registered spontaneously, as i wasnt sure if i was willing to risk burning out or not even getting a spot. but nhs is my dream, the solution to all my problems, and i am always going to try (embrace the challenge if you will). manifest for me and who knows, 3rd times the charm right? tldr: any year 11 entry tips??<3

Fanta_Kettle

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2022, 01:36:47 pm »
I have 3 main questions.

1.) What marks did you get on your last practice exams for each topic?

2.) What was your score in the exam?

3.) Were you waitlisted, shortlisted, or got your results in the first batch?

karrrrinnna_rosssess

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2022, 07:41:04 pm »
What are the main topics in the maths test and the NR test?

karrrrinnna_rosssess

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2022, 10:42:22 am »
Any key topics for maths and NR? Also in the RC were their such questions asking like what type of poem was this, and stuff like that?

SHS001

• Adventurer
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2022, 12:00:43 pm »
Hi,

What's the best score to get Superior in Verbal Reasoning out of 60, like 50/60 or 45/60 ??
I know it varies from year to year, Just to get a rough idea on this..