VCE Stuff > VTAC Discussion

Commerce as First Preference for Copland Scholars Program?

(1/1)

acinod:
The Copland Scholars Program at The University of Melbourne requires you to list the Bachelor of Commerce as your first preference.

What if I list Bachelor of Commerce (Chancellor’s Scholars Program) as my first preference and just regular Bachelor of Commerce as my second preference?

Will I not be eligible to be selected for the Copland Scholars Program because I didn't select the Bachelor of Commerce as my first preference?
Am I not allowed to do both Chancellor's and Copland Scholars Program? If not which one should I pick? I doubt I'll get the required 99.9+ ATAR for the Chancellor's Scholars Program but its not impossible so I want to put it as my first preference because it is my dream course.

acinod:
I guess I can just find out more about this on the UniMelb Open Day in a couple of weeks.

But does anyone know any information about this?

Plan-B:
I'm interested in this too, and am unsure. :s
Note though: http://www.fbe.unimelb.edu.au/scholarships/Changes_Sep_10/Copland.html
It says Copland eligibility is now 99.9? I am hoping this is a mistake, but I think it merged with the Chancellor's program? I'm not sure, as the Commerce booklet states 99.0 for consideration. I hope it's the latter, but I'll find out at open day too.

Edit: Silly me, that was for last year. But i'm still wondering why it says 99.9? I always thought eligibility was at 99.0? :s

acinod:
Oh no! On the website it seems that they might have combined Copland Scholars Program with the Chancellor's Scholars Program, i.e. if you are in Copland, you are in Chancellor's and vice versa. http://www.fbe.unimelb.edu.au/scholarships/information/Copland.html

I really hope this isn't the case. 99.9+ is so much harder to achieve than 99+. I guess I'll ask on open day.

tram:
don't worry about it, now, you can change your preferences after result come out to reflect what think you can actually get into. If it's your dream course, put it number 1 for now, change it after results go out if you don't get the 99.90+.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version