Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:56:03 am

Author Topic: 2016 Olympics in Rio  (Read 12798 times)  Share 

Adequace

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • 7-1 never forget.
  • Respect: +12
Re: 2016 Olympics in Rio
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2016, 09:26:51 pm »
The 100 semis started at 10am, then the final was at 11:30am, felt a bit guilty watching it in class on my iPad while the teacher was teaching #priorities

Felt like Gatlin had it looking at his start though but Usain Bolt is crazy talented  :-X

pi

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Doctor.
  • Respect: +2376
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2016, 09:38:29 pm »
Bolt always seems to start a tad slow, then his massive strides kick in. What a champ. Had a good guys vs bad guys feeling to it, and glad the good guys won :)

Speaking of champs: Phelps. Amazing efforts, highly doubt another swimmer can top his tally.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 09:40:32 pm by pi »

olivercutbill

• Forum Regular
  • Monetary Policy is... an art not a science
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2016, 09:42:07 pm »
Australia was giving me real hope in the first week, but I kind of feel a bit underwhelmed. The four year cycle is so punishing. You either win at 22 or 24, or wait it out and win at 26 or 28. If neither of those workout out, unless you are phelps you are done. So little chance and margin for error.
2016 ATAR: 93.05

blacksanta62

• Forum Leader
  • "Anything is possible"-KG
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2016, 09:46:56 pm »
Boomers could bring home a medal, they've been in great form. The US team, albeit star filled, cannot move the ball, play defense and could possibly lose the gold this year. Furthermore, having Irving run the point really stalls the offense and his pick up style game (although entertaining) is really amplified by the coach not forcing them to run sets. Everyone seems to want the ball, but there's only one! Conversely, the Boomers have great ball movement, are selfless and seem to have their head in the game, a sign of a well grounded and coached team. Patty Mills and Delly, keep it up!
2016:
Spesh | Methods CAS | Chem | Bio | Eng |

2018-2020:
BSc @ UoM

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2016, 09:48:25 pm »
Bolt always seems to start a tad slow, then his massive strides kick in. What a champ. Had a good guys vs bad guys feeling to it, and glad the good guys won :)

Speaking of champs: Phelps. Amazing efforts, highly doubt another swimmer can top his tally.

It was like watching the most humble, "ok imma let you have a head start...now watch me kick into gear."
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

olivercutbill

• Forum Regular
  • Monetary Policy is... an art not a science
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2016, 09:57:26 pm »
Boomers could bring home a medal, they've been in great form. The US team, albeit star filled, cannot move the ball, play defense and could possibly lose the gold this year. Furthermore, having Irving run the point really stalls the offense and his pick up style game (although entertaining) is really amplified by the coach not forcing them to run sets. Everyone seems to want the ball, but there's only one! Conversely, the Boomers have great ball movement, are selfless and seem to have their head in the game, a sign of a well grounded and coached team. Patty Mills and Delly, keep it up!

If the boomers win...
2016 ATAR: 93.05

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2016, 04:45:14 pm »
It was like watching the most humble, "ok imma let you have a head start...now watch me kick into gear."

And the fact that he always smiles and only really 'runs' for about 50m as he knows hes won lol

Also, wasnt it quite moving and heartfelt seeing the fijians win their first olympic medal?they got down on their knees to accept the medal, and were so happy singing their anthem. Im not even a fraction fijian but i felt proud and happy for them :)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 04:49:53 pm by studybuddy7777 »