Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:08:00 am

Author Topic: Final Days of the 2022 HSC  (Read 4568 times)

DesertMimic

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Final Days of the 2022 HSC
« on: July 02, 2022, 09:21:58 am »
+2
Hello

I may be a bit late to the party but I wanted to document my final days of the HSC (going into the trials and stuff) as I think it will be nice to look back on.

Oh yeah, a little introduction of myself. My name is Jason, I go to a public school and that's about it. I'm kind of a slacker, never at the top of the class but never really at the bottom either - you know just someone chilling in the middle of the cohort. In terms of hobbies I like making digital media (3D modelling on Blender, Photoshop and Premiere) and I probably play too much games on my switch (managed to get an original launch model and jailbroke it to play some legal games). If I'm being honest I probably spent too much time on personal interest projects this year - although it did help a lot during my software major - so I really need to buckle down and actually improve my marks. Better later than never I guess.

I currently do 5 subjects:
  • English AD
  • Chemistry
  • SDD
  • Engineering Studies
  • Science Ex
I picked up Maths AD accelerated as an elective in year 10, and thank God I did because it has saved so much time this year along with providing some security with a 98 chilling in the vault.

For goals I have going into the trials I would probably like to
  • Get a 75 or 80 for English AD
  • 80 - 85 for Chemistry
  • 90 for SDD
  • 80 - 85 for Engineering
  • 30 - 35 for Science Extension
For ATAR I would like to get between 85 and 90 just to maximise Uni choices although I still have no idea what I'm going to do at Uni.
I currently on the last week of School, and going into the holidays before trials, so I admit I am a bit stressed.

Anyway, hopefully I remember to update this at least once a week and I really look forward to see what happens on my final months in High School.

DesertMimic

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: Final Days of the 2022 HSC
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2022, 09:23:06 pm »
+1
Well week 1 of the Holidays were uninteresting, I pretty much just revised for Chem (which is pretty much my last test so kind of a bad move) and now I'm frantically trying to finish my English essays so I can have something for English. Honestly, English is probably the subject that is stressing me out the most - I have historically gotten 60 - 70 in English ever since year 7 - followed by Software (there's so little questions I have no idea whether I'm prepared or not), Engineering (fuck you, materials), Science extension (I have done absolutely nothing for this subject besides my major work) and ironically Chem the subject that's supposed to be the hardest is the subject I'm most confident with.

On a brighter note I did manage to see my older brother on the weekend, which was pretty cool. Although his advice of, "Just read some notes before the test," has me a bit concerned.

All in all, I'm probably going to panic over English for another week (thank God it's the first test) and try to do scramble whatever I can for Engo and Software. At this point I'm probably won't give Science Extension that much attention since I was only really interested in the major anyway but since I have to do it anyway I might as well as study a little bit for it.

Anyway, hopefully I update this again next week and don't give up after 2 posts