Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 02:05:59 am

Author Topic: [Monash] 2020 Semester 1 Results Thread  (Read 7192 times)  Share 

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
[Monash] 2020 Semester 1 Results Thread
« on: July 26, 2020, 12:34:46 pm »
I heard that results have been coming out via text in the last 10-20mins

Owlbird83

• BLAA 2020
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
Re: [Monash] 2020 Semester 1 Results Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 01:08:12 pm »
I completely forgot until until I saw this thread and then waited nervously for 10mins until they were sent haha.

BIO1011 (bio) HD 85
ATS1261 (understanding human behaviour) HD 80
PSY1011(psych) D 79
PMH1011 (mental health)  C 63

I am a bit surprised that ATS1261 was that high because I didn't put as much effort in. I put a lot of effort into psych and mental health assignments but essays and writing isn't my strong point and I way prefer tests/exams. I do sort of get why mental health was so low because I was pretty behind on it, but I think the content we learned was the most important and relevant to future jobs than my other subjects. I'm happy with bio, was my favourite subject, extremely well run and also I was very motivated to study for it.

Edit: I calculated my estimated WAM and I feel like my marks are a lot worse that highschool, (I remember reading it's normal to do worse in uni though after VCE though). Is the WAM similar to an atar like a percentile thing? I'm competitive and I like knowing how many people are beating me, to motivate me to study more, but I don't know how to judge how I'm doing relative to others in my course ahhhhh (maybe it's better not to know though)

Edit much later: ahhh, they remarked pysch because of some reason and the faculty seem super disorganised (?), but new grades came out, and mine decreased to 76 hahaha
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 03:43:03 pm by Owlbird83 »
2018: Biology
2019: Chemistry, Physics, Math Methods, English, Japanese
2020: Bachelor of Psychology (Monash)

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 02:06:31 pm »
I completely forgot until until I saw this thread and then waited nervously for 10mins until they were sent haha.

I am a bit surprised that ATS1261 was that high because I didn't put as much effort in. I put a lot of effort into psych and mental health assignments but essays and writing isn't my strong point and I way prefer tests/exams. I do sort of get why mental health was so low because I was pretty behind on it, but I think the content we learned was the most important and relevant to future jobs than my other subjects. I'm happy with bio, was my favourite subject, extremely well run and also I was very motivated to study for it.

Edit: I calculated my estimated WAM and I feel like my marks are a lot worse that highschool, (I remember reading it's normal to do worse in uni though after VCE though). Is the WAM similar to an atar like a percentile thing? I'm competitive and I like knowing how many people are beating me, to motivate me to study more, but I don't know how to judge how I'm doing relative to others in my course ahhhhh (maybe it's better not to know though)
Those are pretty good scores for someone's first semester. Very unlucky with the 79.

Yeah WAM is generally going to be lower than someone's ATAR especially for those on AN, the reverse happens generally when someone gets a low ATAR.

WAM is not really a percentile given most subjects are not scaled or standardised so you just get the marks that you earn. It depends on the person you ask on whether X WAM is good or not.

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2020, 05:37:42 pm »
This is the first year I haven't even known when results will be released haha. Didn't have exams as my academic unit is full year and our placement marks make up 100% of our placement unit grade so I've known those marks since the end of my two placement blocks (although I can't remember one of them). Got an 88 for the one I can remember which I'm super proud of - I think it's the highest mark I've had at uni and an awesome mark for a placement!! :D

Good luck for your results everyone and congratulations on getting through what's been a really challenging first semester of uni!!

Rod

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • The harder the battle, the sweeter the victory
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2020, 08:00:17 pm »
This is the first year I haven't even known when results will be released haha. Didn't have exams as my academic unit is full year and our placement marks make up 100% of our placement unit grade so I've known those marks since the end of my two placement blocks (although I can't remember one of them). Got an 88 for the one I can remember which I'm super proud of - I think it's the highest mark I've had at uni and an awesome mark for a placement!! :D

Good luck for your results everyone and congratulations on getting through what's been a really challenging first semester of uni!!
Congrats K888! Fellow physio student here so I can relate with results not being released haha. Release dates are all over the place because of COVID.

I recently finished a placement block at Austin Hospital. Placement is tough!! Really hard to impress your supervisors! So well done on your mark that's exceptional!!!
2013-2014:| VCE
2015-2018:| Bachelor of Science (Neuroscience) @ UoM
2019-X:| Doctor of Dental Surgery (discontinued)
2019 -2021:| Master of Physiotherapy

Currently: Physiotherapist working at a musculoskeletal clinic. Back pain, sore neck, headaches or any other pain limiting your study? Give me a PM (although please do see your personal health professional first!)

Any questions related to pathways towards studying dentistry or physiotherapy? Gimmi a PM!

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2020, 09:39:01 am »
Congrats K888! Fellow physio student here so I can relate with results not being released haha. Release dates are all over the place because of COVID.

I recently finished a placement block at Austin Hospital. Placement is tough!! Really hard to impress your supervisors! So well done on your mark that's exceptional!!!
Don't want to derail the convo too much - but I assume you're a Latrobe or Melb student if doing placement at the Austin? Placement is really tough, the APP is a ruthless marking tool haha.

Definitely a massive change from traditional units where your mark is made up of a whole bunch of assessment tasks!

Feeshiop

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2020, 07:59:06 pm »
BMS1011 Biomedical chemistry - 63 C
BMS1021 Cells, tissues and organisms - 53 P
BMS1031 Medical biophysics - 51 P
CHM1011 Chemistry 1 - 57 P

Well rip on my scores. I really underestimated how hard biomedicine is at Monash. I hope these results make someone feel better at least :)