Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:07:13 pm

Author Topic: Literature exam expectations  (Read 3621 times)

cgeorge

• Adventurer
Literature exam expectations
« on: November 10, 2021, 12:09:58 pm »
How's everyone feeling for Literature?
Apparently, the ELANG and normal English exams were decent this year so praying they won't be to mean !

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
Re: Literature exam expectations
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2021, 04:57:48 pm »
I'm actually really excited. Lit is my favourite subject and I feel like I know my texts. Hoping for a really good Othello question (and good Plath passages). Though I've studied all the poems I definitely spent more time on the ones that haven't come up yet so here's hoping they don't repeat any old ones!

How are you feeling?

cgeorge

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2021, 08:26:10 pm »
I'm actually really excited. Lit is my favourite subject and I feel like I know my texts. Hoping for a really good Othello question (and good Plath passages). Though I've studied all the poems I definitely spent more time on the ones that haven't come up yet so here's hoping they don't repeat any old ones!

How are you feeling?

Actually feeling really good. Im doing Plath as well and am praying for some really good ones. I reckon we will for sure get the second half of 'Daddy' or 'Lady Lazarus'. I guess we'll see in 12 hours or so haha

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2021, 10:07:53 pm »
Actually feeling really good. Im doing Plath as well and am praying for some really good ones. I reckon we will for sure get the second half of 'Daddy' or 'Lady Lazarus'. I guess we'll see in 12 hours or so haha

Kind of hoping Tulips is the long one. Guess we'll soon see!

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2021, 10:58:16 pm »
I know the literature exam is the same day I have my economics exam, I wish you all the best of luck :)

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2021, 07:46:05 pm »
Kind of hoping Tulips is the long one. Guess we'll soon see!

Very pleased when I opened the exam! I had done two practices this morning. One had Tulips. The other had both You're and Sheep in Fog. How did everyone else find it?

cgeorge

• Adventurer
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2021, 07:56:18 pm »
Very pleased when I opened the exam! I had done two practices this morning. One had Tulips. The other had both You're and Sheep in Fog. How did everyone else find it?

Yeah really good actually!
Super happy with my Section A prompt too.
The supervisor took 2 minutes getting me a second answer booklet so I wasn't able to finish my second conclusion, but still feeling good overall : )

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2021, 07:58:49 pm »
Yeah really good actually!
Super happy with my Section A prompt too.
The supervisor took 2 minutes getting me a second answer booklet so I wasn't able to finish my second conclusion, but still feeling good overall : )
Yay for a good Section A prompt! The Othello one took me a second to get my head around but I was really happy once I started writing!

My supervisor took a while to get me a second booklet too. I have massive handwriting so I knew there was no way both essays would fit in just one. But I definitely felt more pushed for time with my Section B essay (even though I wrote it first).

Which order did you write about the Plath passages?

cgeorge

• Adventurer
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2021, 01:29:45 pm »
Yay for a good Section A prompt! The Othello one took me a second to get my head around but I was really happy once I started writing!

My supervisor took a while to get me a second booklet too. I have massive handwriting so I knew there was no way both essays would fit in just one. But I definitely felt more pushed for time with my Section B essay (even though I wrote it first).

Which order did you write about the Plath passages?

Sheep in Fog then Tulips then You're. Focusing on the link between tulips and sheep, and how sheep is kind of a tonal introduction to elements of tulips, and how You're offered a modulation from the previous two.
I tend to just write in the order they're given, as I focus pretty heavily on linking all three tbh.
Just need to wait for results now, actually so nervous haha