Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 10:17:07 am

Author Topic: VCE Legal Exam Thread  (Read 3283 times)

SnekiSnek

• Trendsetter
  • Knowledge gremlin - coming for your neurons
VCE Legal Exam Thread
« on: November 10, 2021, 05:21:21 pm »
Hey all,

How did everyone find that exam?

Personally I am annoyed that there was nothing to do with royal commissions, VLRC, most of the cases and no reform questions
Literature, Methods, Further, Chemistry, Legal Studies, Psychology, Classical Studies, Physics

xlinaz01

• Fresh Poster
Re: VCE Legal Exam Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2021, 09:03:45 pm »
Same! I studied VLRC and royal commissions so much, and all for nothing  :-\

The wording of some questions were wack ;w; did not enjoy this exam

tjones003

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2021, 10:47:35 pm »
10/10 would not do again.

The phrasing of some questions were horrendous and I found Section B to be worth more marks and longer than other previous exams?

I was fond of the 10 marker I personally don't know how well I did but I found it to be on the easier questions on the exam.

Also what the hell was that example about kite flying and the Mabo case?! I know a lot of students didn't study the Mabo case as it wasn't in the study design and there so many cases one can remember and add to certain scenarios.

I prioritised studying reforms and cases such as the Roach, Brislan and Tasmanian Dams case but I could only really apply the Roach case to the question on sections 7 and 24 of the Constitution.

Oh well at least that's an official end to Legal Studies. Freedom's never tasted this good ;)

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2021, 10:56:27 pm »
Hope it went well for your guys :)

SnekiSnek

• Trendsetter
  • Knowledge gremlin - coming for your neurons
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2021, 11:25:10 pm »

Also what the hell was that example about kite flying and the Mabo case?! I know a lot of students didn't study the Mabo case as it wasn't in the study design and there so many cases one can remember and add to certain scenarios.

I know some people from other schools that did Mabo as a case and it definitely feels like they got an advantage on the exam, there wasn't much you could do with the minimal information that they gave you
Literature, Methods, Further, Chemistry, Legal Studies, Psychology, Classical Studies, Physics

blueycan

• MOTM: AUG 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2021, 12:31:16 pm »
I know some people from other schools that did Mabo as a case and it definitely feels like they got an advantage on the exam, there wasn't much you could do with the minimal information that they gave you

I remember we studied the Mabo case in Year 11 but *barely* skimmed it in Year 12– especially with the question about how people can influence law reform through the courts you'd need to know basic information on how they took the case to the courts and then the High Court e.t.c.
I found the section B 8 marker really convoluted, the one about parliament responding to law reform due to the courts with reference to Mabo and then the states...

++ I was tearing my hair out last night memorising VLRC and royal commissions and it wasn't on the exam ): I feel like they left out a lot of the areas students are stronger at writing about