Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 11:39:52 am

Author Topic: Will a bad Year 12 first semester sabotage my process?  (Read 1641 times)  Share 

heuthel

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Will a bad Year 12 first semester sabotage my process?
« on: June 08, 2022, 03:43:49 pm »
Hi guys

I have just finished my semester 1 exams and needless to say, it's not looking very good. I have mostly 60s and high 50s and most of my averages are clustered around 50s to 60s.

I had a predicted 97 end of last year and was hoping to get it up to at least a 98 this year but due to covid and personal stuff I lost grip on school and my grades reflect that. Recently, I went to my counselor and she said the highest I could get this year is a 85 and that genuinely destroyed me.

I'm willing to put in twice the effort to get my marks back up so would a bad Semester 1 ruin my entire predicted?

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Re: Will a bad Year 12 first semester sabotage my process?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2022, 07:28:17 pm »
+1
I wouldn't be able to place a hard cap on your ATAR based on sem 1 results as the exam has a huge impact on results, including SAC scaling. Nothing is 100% locked-in terms of what grade will show up on your statement of results yet, all you can do is your best from here and lean on that the exam is worth a lot + cohort performance on the exam will affect your SAC marks.

Best of luck!