Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:36:57 am

Author Topic: .  (Read 1262 times)  Share 

andrewloppol

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +14
« on: October 27, 2009, 05:39:56 pm »
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 04:21:10 am by andrewloppol »

TrueLight

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +9
Re: Lisachem '07 Question
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 08:04:10 pm »
i think its just getting you to look at the sequence as a whole and ignore what would actually happen...

because the polypeptide would terminate early at the UGA codon... and so you would probably get a non-functional protein.... there isn't a trna that binds to stop codons... release factors (RF-1,RF-2 and RF-3) recognise the stop codons and the ribosome stops....

i don't know the question is weird lol they probably wouldn't ask you that in the exam
http://www.campaignforliberty.com

Completed Bachelor of Science. Majored in Immunology and Microbiology.

“Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past.”
George Orwell, 1984.

"Terrorism is the best political weapon for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
Adolf Hitler

“The bigger the lie, the more inclined people will be to believe it”
Adolf Hitler

"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just

TrueLight

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +9
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 08:18:01 pm »
probably lol i don't know how release factors work

all i know is that release factors help the ribosome recognize the stop codons....

they probably still researching how the specific recognition of termination still occurs...

just google if you really want to know but you don't need to know all this for yr 12... pretty sure.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 08:25:21 pm by TrueLight »
http://www.campaignforliberty.com

Completed Bachelor of Science. Majored in Immunology and Microbiology.

“Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past.”
George Orwell, 1984.

"Terrorism is the best political weapon for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
Adolf Hitler

“The bigger the lie, the more inclined people will be to believe it”
Adolf Hitler

"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just

Harbourmastah

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 10:38:36 pm »
hey andrewloppol do u have the solutions for lisachem07? i just did it now and realised i didn't have solutions....