Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:14:33 am

Author Topic: What is James cook law like ?  (Read 4757 times)  Share 

Robert243

What is James cook law like ?
« on: July 22, 2016, 01:42:43 pm »
Hey guys, so i am looking to do a career in law and was looking at different uni's. A lot of courses require high atars, but at James cook its a lot lower, its only 67. I've never heard of any one who did law there and James cook isn't really known for doing law .

Aqua97

Re: What is James cook law like ?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 01:56:05 pm »
Hey guys, so i am looking to do a career in law and was looking at different uni's. A lot of courses require high atars, but at James cook its a lot lower, its only 67. I've never heard of any one who did law there and James cook isn't really known for doing law .

Quite frankly to have a career in law, one must have under their belt a law degree from a 'prestigious' university, for example if you are living in Victoria it would be the Monash JD/LLB or the Melbourne JD. If you complete a degree from such university with first class honors and have a good resume filled with notable experience/internships/volunteering then your career will have a solid ground to start of with.

Going to a university like James Cook doesnt really help you. Yes, you got a law degree but you wont be employed. A friend of mine worked in employment sector of his firm and he noted that many times applicants who didnt go to Uni of Syd/Melb/Monash were simply ignored.

Robert243

Re: What is James cook law like ?
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 03:27:58 pm »
Quite frankly to have a career in law, one must have under their belt a law degree from a 'prestigious' university, for example if you are living in Victoria it would be the Monash JD/LLB or the Melbourne JD. If you complete a degree from such university with first class honors and have a good resume filled with notable experience/internships/volunteering then your career will have a solid ground to start of with.

Going to a university like James Cook doesnt really help you. Yes, you got a law degree but you wont be employed. A friend of mine worked in employment sector of his firm and he noted that many times applicants who didn't go to Uni of Syd/Melb/Monash were simply ignored.
Hi, thanks for your answer, and i am living in Melbourne so going to Townsville to do law would be a big thing for me . Just regarding your statement on "prestigious" universities would Latrobe or Vic uni count on getting a good job in a law firm.