Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 01:32:08 am

Author Topic: Impossible ATARs, Law & Communications - UTS students from any discipline...HELP  (Read 5820 times)

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
  • Respect: +126
Hi guys!

My first preference is a double degree of a Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Communications (Journalism) at UTS, however the ATAR is 97.55. It is impossible for me to get that as I already sat three of my HSC exams last year due to the compacted curriculum my school does, and with straight band 5s the highest I am looking at this year is a 90-93.

I just wanted to hear if anyone else had enrolled for this course and got in with a lower ATAR? Or any course at UTS really, and if so, how lower were you?

Also are there any sneaky entry schemes available other than the standard EAS (coming under the SRS), and other equity based admissions which I do not qualify for, preferably experience based? I tried emailing the Uni ages ago listing the work I have done including having my own weekly article in my local newspaper in year 9 and 10, work experience with the Sydney Sixers media team in year 10, then interning with them for two cricket seasons after, and having my own segment on morning radio for two years also, but unfortunately they said no.
HSC subjects
Advanced English | Extension 1 English | Extension 2 English | Legal Studies | PDHPE | Society and Culture | General 2 Maths

Need HSC tutoring, mentoring or essay marking? I'm offering all of that online! Check out all the offers, pricing and details here https://bandsevenhsctutoring.wordpress.com/blog/ and feel free to get in contact with me if you want any more info :)

dancing phalanges

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +312
Hi guys!

My first preference is a double degree of a Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Communications (Journalism) at UTS, however the ATAR is 97.55. It is impossible for me to get that as I already sat three of my HSC exams last year due to the compacted curriculum my school does, and with straight band 5s the highest I am looking at this year is a 90-93.

I just wanted to hear if anyone else had enrolled for this course and got in with a lower ATAR? Or any course at UTS really, and if so, how lower were you?

Also are there any sneaky entry schemes available other than the standard EAS (coming under the SRS), and other equity based admissions which I do not qualify for, preferably experience based? I tried emailing the Uni ages ago listing the work I have done including having my own weekly article in my local newspaper in year 9 and 10, work experience with the Sydney Sixers media team in year 10, then interning with them for two cricket seasons after, and having my own segment on morning radio for two years also, but unfortunately they said no.
Not sure if this helps you at all with Legal Studies and even maybe linking English and Extension to journalism?? https://www.uts.edu.au/future-students/undergraduate/high-school-students/year-12-adjustment-factor-scheme
HSC 2017 (ATAR 98.95) - English Advanced (94), English Extension 1 (48), Modern History (94), Studies of Religion 1 (48), Visual Arts (95), French Continuers (92)

Download our free discovery trial paper!

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
  • Respect: +126
Not sure if this helps you at all with Legal Studies and even maybe linking English and Extension to journalism?? https://www.uts.edu.au/future-students/undergraduate/high-school-students/year-12-adjustment-factor-scheme

Thank you for your help but unfortunately they don't offer that for any comms/law courses at all :(
HSC subjects
Advanced English | Extension 1 English | Extension 2 English | Legal Studies | PDHPE | Society and Culture | General 2 Maths

Need HSC tutoring, mentoring or essay marking? I'm offering all of that online! Check out all the offers, pricing and details here https://bandsevenhsctutoring.wordpress.com/blog/ and feel free to get in contact with me if you want any more info :)

dancing phalanges

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +312
Thank you for your help but unfortunately they don't offer that for any comms/law courses at all :(

Ah damn sorry!
HSC 2017 (ATAR 98.95) - English Advanced (94), English Extension 1 (48), Modern History (94), Studies of Religion 1 (48), Visual Arts (95), French Continuers (92)

Download our free discovery trial paper!