Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 11:34:13 pm

Author Topic: Usyd future leaders scheme  (Read 6916 times)

statues

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +3
Usyd future leaders scheme
« on: December 16, 2017, 01:45:27 pm »
Hi
So I got dux at my school with an atar o 99.20. I want to do engineering/law at usyd and I missed the cutoff which is 99.5. But thanks to the future leaders scheme I've been offered a place in combined law - the catch is that there is a restricted amount of places in combined law for students like myself who don't have a sufficient atar. What I'm wondering is if anyone has any experience with this situation and knows if I'm likely to get in or not. I figure they take the people closest to the cutoff , 99.2 i figure is close but I'm not completely sure if I'm going to be competitive because I'm goin up against dux and captain students. Please help.
Many thanks

mahmoudahmadalrifai

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: Usyd future leaders scheme
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 02:29:07 pm »
Hello!

Congrats on your ATAR! From my understanding, your school must submit the dux/school captain to the University of Sydney via a portal. If they haven't done that, your status as DUX won't be regarded by the University. Judging by your post, I'm assuming they have. I have a friend who got an ATAR of 96 and got an offer from USYD, and another with an ATAR of 97,both studying combined law. I think an E12 Law offer require an atar of 95, and since the future leaders scheme is similar, I would assume an ATAR greater than 95 would do well. I personally think 99.2 would be very competitive! All the best
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 02:33:14 pm by mahmoudahmadalrifai »

grace2002

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: Usyd future leaders scheme
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 02:10:05 pm »
+1
For any students who want to know if their ATAR is competitive enough to enter combined law under this scheme: I achieved an ATAR of 98.90 last year and received an offer to B Economics/B Laws :)