Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:46:23 am

Author Topic: MMI Preparation Course for Graduate Entry Medicine  (Read 4704 times)  Share 

neuroislife

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
MMI Preparation Course for Graduate Entry Medicine
« on: June 15, 2018, 01:25:22 pm »
+1
If you stressed out about the upcoming medical entry process, or need some additional help, I have a few slots available for interview training. I know that navigating the medical school interview system can be quite tricky - with many university specific questions/tasks with different timings and formats including MMI and panels.

About Me
 I went through the graduate cycle in 2016 and have previously interviewed for undergraduate and graduate positions at Monash, Newcastle, Sydney and Melbourne University so I have a lot of experience with the different formats from different universities. Having completed a Bachelor of Biomedicine and graduating with a First Class Honours, I decided to commence the Doctor of Medicine course at the University of Melbourne this year on a commonwealth supported place. I obtained an ATAR of 99.90 and was the dux of both my high school and college.

How I can help
I have had a lot of experience tutoring groups and privately as teaching is a big passion of mine. I’ve had over 6 years of tutoring experience, tutoring hundreds of students from high school sciences to university level courses. More relevantly, I’ve also tutored undergraduate and postgraduate medical school applicants to universities such as University of New South Wales, University of Sydney, Newcastle, Monash, University of Western Australia, Australian National University, Deakin, Flinders, University of Western Sydney with nearly all applicants getting into a medical school they applied for. I have tutored students both privately and in large groups of up to 10 students. As a result I am very confident in being able to help you overcome your unique challenges.

Tutorial Style
I’ve written my own set of worksheets that I walk through with my students and they are often said to be incredibly helpful for revision. I also walk through the structure and approach to MMI stations and include a lot of practice questions relevant to the university you are applying to.

My introductory session is 2 hours long in which I will run you through a tailored interview program specific for the universities in which you are applying for. We will run through interpersonal questions, techniques for ethical/scenario decision making as well as do some practice as well.

Details
For individuals, I charge 80 dollars an hour but am happy to accommodate 2 people at 125 dollars an hour. Extra practice sessions are also available for those who need it.

I tutor students all across Australia through Skype. If you are based in Melbourne, I am happy to tutor out of Melbourne university.

Please contact [email protected] if you are interested. Please provide what times you are available and what universties you are interviewing for.

Jonathan
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 10:51:51 pm by neuroislife »

hungryandthirsty

• Fresh Poster
  • Chasing dreams
  • Respect: 0
Re: MMI Preparation Course for Graduate Entry Medicine
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 10:27:15 am »
Been a long time lurker on these forums but I just wanted to say that neuroislife is definately the real deal. I've found that a lot of very smart people tutor quite badly and aren't able to explain their throught process clearly. Neuroislife pretty much saved me by making sure I knew exactly what I was saying in response to the questions and why I was saying it. He was very thorough and rigourous in his critique to my answers and taught me frameworks to respond to any question. I was coming in with a pretty bad GPA and GAMSAT but neuroislife pretty much saved my medical school application ;D Can't recommend me highly enough and he is definitely the guy to go to for MMI interview prep.
Bachelor of Biomedicine @ Unimelb (2015-2017)
Doctor of Medicine @ Unimelb (2018-2021)