Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:41:11 am

Author Topic: Dalyell Scholars Help  (Read 5123 times)

lastcookie

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Dalyell Scholars Help
« on: December 24, 2018, 03:19:36 pm »
+1
I am currently looking to do a Bachelor of Science (Med Science) at USYD with the intention of doing Medicine as a post-grad degree.

I was interested in the Dalyell Scholars Program and was wondering whether it would extend my degree to 4 years instead of the regular 3 years.

I did not choose Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Advanced Studies (Dalyell Scholars) on UAC, but instead accepted Bachelor of Science (Med Science) and was offered Dalyell during the acceptance process. Are these the same things??

Any help would be appreciated as I am hoping to enroll soon :)

kauac

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +291
Re: Dalyell Scholars Help
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 03:45:46 pm »
I am currently looking to do a Bachelor of Science (Med Science) at USYD with the intention of doing Medicine as a post-grad degree.

I was interested in the Dalyell Scholars Program and was wondering whether it would extend my degree to 4 years instead of the regular 3 years.

I did not choose Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Advanced Studies (Dalyell Scholars) on UAC, but instead accepted Bachelor of Science (Med Science) and was offered Dalyell during the acceptance process. Are these the same things??

Any help would be appreciated as I am hoping to enroll soon :)

Hi...

As far as I know, studying through the Dalyell's Stream does not extend the length of the degree. Instead, it requires you study set Dalyell Scholar units rather than taking electives as in a tradition degree.

There are two main ways of getting into the Stream. The first is by selecting a Dalyell Scholar's course on UAC, like the first degree you listed. The other way is by Invitation into a specific degree, which I assume is what happened when you accepted the B Science (Med Science). So therefore, the invitation was for the B Science (Med Science) through Dalyell's, and not B Science/Advanced Studies (Dalyell Scholars).

Thus, these degrees are not at all the same, despite both being offered through the Dalyell's Stream.  :)
2018: HSC

2019: Gap Year

2020-2024: B Science / M Nutrition & Dietetics @ USYD

lastcookie

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: Dalyell Scholars Help
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 04:19:43 pm »
Thank you for the reply :)

Since the B Science/Advanced Studies (Dalyell Scholars) is listed as 4 years on USYD website I was worried that the invitation method also was 4 years.