Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 11:21:06 pm

Author Topic: QCE resources on demand - make your requests here!  (Read 42166 times)

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
QCE resources on demand - make your requests here!
« on: June 12, 2019, 09:42:01 am »
+7
See our complete database of QCE articles here!

As you may or may not be aware, ATAR Notes regularly publishes QCE articles online - entirely free. And that will again be the case this year, next year and beyond. ;D

Awesome, right? Absolutely! But do you know what's even better?

This year, we're taking requests.

Want an article about time management? Post here.
Want an article about dealing with content in Maths Methods? Post here.
Want an article about how to interpret assessment results? Post here.

Essentially, it's up to you!

All you need to do is to post in this thread with your ideas. Because at the end of the day, we want to be the greatest help to the greatest number - and what better way to do that than to take requests? :D We can't guarantee that we'll cater for every single request, but if there are consistent themes - well, that tells us pretty nicely that we should be writing an article on that subject. :) So over to you!

--------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT: In order to ask a question, you will have to click here and make an ATAR Notes account.

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Re: QCE resources on demand - make your requests here!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 10:10:53 pm »
+4
Hey,

I was wondering if there would possibly be QCE notes for Legal Studies Unit 1 and 2?

Thanks for the idea! We'll get onto it :)

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 12:46:52 pm »
+3
Hey,

I don't have a background in legal so I couldn't make notes myself (hopefully someone else who does have that background will jump in) but I checked the QCE syllabus and it seemed like these notes designed for part of the Victorian curriculum would be helpful for you. Additionally, these crime notes designed for part of the New South Wales system seemed like a good match for your Unit 1. For unit 2, I found these consumer law notes (NSW) & civil law notes. There'll be some aspects of these notes that aren't relevant to you (eg Victorian legal aid stuff) but lots of value as well.

In the NSW notes area in particular I also noticed high-scoring sample essays on topics you're examined on so those might be worth looking at too.

Finally, there are a bunch of guides on how to score well in legal studies written by NSW-ers that you may find useful here and if you have any questions about QCE legal studies feel free to post them here.

Best of luck with your revision! :)

Do you have any other subjects you're looking for resources on?

kiki01k

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 05:10:13 pm »
+1
Hey! Is there any chance of getting notes for QCE accounting. Thanks.

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 09:51:04 am »
+5
Hey! Is there any chance of getting notes for QCE accounting. Thanks.
Hey :)

It would certainly be something we'd love to have in the future. At this point in time we don't quite have the resources to produce dedicated notes for the QCE accounting syllabus yet.

Upon comparison I see that there are lots of similarities between the VCE and QCE scopes for the course, so you can probably find a reasonable amount of notes here. You may need to look through both the Units 1/2 and 3/4 sections though, since the topics may not be in the same order.

I can also suggest these summary notes made by one of my friends at university, but like mentioned they are more at a university level. I took this 'subject' at university as well and there is some overlap in the concepts. Of course, the layout you're expected to reproduce in the QCE may be slightly different (for example journal entries, bank reconciliation statements).

You can ask any specific questions on our dedicated question thread at any time throughout your studies. Although I can't claim to be an expert anymore at accounting, there's possibly things here and there I can help out with!

qldpc

• Adventurer
  • procrastination leads to a slow and painful death
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2019, 04:03:51 pm »
+2
Hey,
I was just wondering if you guys are making more course notes books for Unit 3 and 4, and if so, when are they likely to be released?
Cheers
Physics, Chemistry, Methods, English, Accounting, and Economics

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2019, 06:24:18 am »
+4
Hey,
I was just wondering if you guys are making more course notes books for Unit 3 and 4, and if so, when are they likely to be released?
Cheers

There will indeed be more course notes for Units 3&4 (including for physics). I don't want to predict a date and get it wrong but I can tell you that you'll be sent an email once the new notes are ready and if you have edunlimited they will be available there as well.

In the meantime you may find it useful to browse the free notes available for your subjects here

Good luck with your QCE and please feel free to reach out if you have more questions :)

JerryMouse2019

• MOTM: NOV 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • I love Spider-Man :)
  • Respect: +113
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2019, 07:41:04 pm »
+1
Hello there,

I was wondering if it was possible for there to be units 1 and 2 notes to be added for QCE Economics?

Thanks

Kind Regards
JerryMouse2019
QCE Class of 2021: English | General Maths | Business | Economics | Legal Studies | Digital Solutions

“Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy” – Dale Carnegie

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2019, 10:43:23 am »
+2
Hello there,

I was wondering if it was possible for there to be units 1 and 2 notes to be added for QCE Economics?

Thanks

Kind Regards
JerryMouse2019

Hey! Welcome to the forums :)

It's taken me a while since economics is not an area of expertise for me but you should now find relevant resources for QCE units 1&2 in the free notes section :)

Good luck with your studies!

alphabeta

• Adventurer
  • Class of 2020
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2019, 02:37:53 pm »
+1
Hey,

I was wandering if there would be any QCE topic tests or external exam mocks able to be developed for the shop - like the VCE and HSC ones.

Thanks,

alphabeta

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2019, 02:58:16 pm »
+1
Hey,

I was wandering if there would be any QCE topic tests or external exam mocks able to be developed for the shop - like the VCE and HSC ones.

Thanks,

alphabeta

Hey,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for raising this!
We definitely do want to provide practice question and exam resources for QCE and are working on this behind the scenes. I can't unfortunately tell you when they will be available but they will be at some point. If you pass on your subjects I'm happy to direct you to where I know of overlap available for these resources so you can tap into free exams from other states (e.g. HSC and VCE covering redox and titrations for chem) and if you happen to have edunlimited so you can do the relevant questions from there :)

alphabeta

• Adventurer
  • Class of 2020
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2019, 05:00:43 pm »
+1
Hey,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for raising this!
We definitely do want to provide practice question and exam resources for QCE and are working on this behind the scenes. I can't unfortunately tell you when they will be available but they will be at some point. If you pass on your subjects I'm happy to direct you to where I know of overlap available for these resources so you can tap into free exams from other states (e.g. HSC and VCE covering redox and titrations for chem) and if you happen to have edunlimited so you can do the relevant questions from there :)

Hey Bri,

I am doing chem, physics, methods, spec and literature. I do not currently have edunlimited, but I thinking about getting it soon. Thanks heaps for the direction!

- alphabeta

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2019, 06:04:30 pm »
+2
Hey Bri,

I am doing chem, physics, methods, spec and literature. I do not currently have edunlimited, but I thinking about getting it soon. Thanks heaps for the direction!

- alphabeta
No worries at all!

I'm going to start out with some chem resources and update as I go:
Phenomenals VCE chem practice exam
Irrelevant questions for you: aspartame, chiral centres, oxidative rancidity, essential micronutrients, hnmr :'(, cnmr :(, vitamins

Thelson's VCE chem practice exam
Irrelevant questions for you: fission, Section A question 16 use Q=nIT, section B question 4 ignore

E6P's physics question sets
I haven't individually vetted but the purple and green ones should be relevant to you

Some relevant vce physics practice questions here

Here's the link to past VCAA exams and NESA exams
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 06:23:04 pm by Bri MT »

aaul

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2020, 01:25:57 pm »
+1
Hi,
Can you post content about time management?

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2020, 04:47:23 pm »
+2
Hey aaul :)

Welcome to the forums!

There is a lot of time management advice & ideas on here so I'm going to link some that might be the most relevant to you. I recommend that you look through the advice and then try out a few things that resonate with you to start off with. It can take a while for new habits to it's normal to struggle with improving time management at the start but that doesn't mean you shouldn't keep trying. If, however, you find that after a while of consistently trying something it's not working you might want to switch to another one. Hope this helps, here's some of the time management advice I found:

Time management & prioritisation, article
Using to do lists to get things done, article
What people miss about study routines, article
Developing work ethic, article
Beating procrastination, article
Managing deadlines, article
Study breaks, article
Juggling life commitments, article

Time management & motivation, forum guide
Study timetable guide, forum post
Studying & live advice compilation
Motivation, forum guide
Staying productive, forum guide

I hope these help! Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you might have :)