Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:40:42 am

Author Topic: Commerce Exchange/Study Abroad at High Tier Colleges?  (Read 5523 times)  Share 

KingTings

• MOTM: JULY 19
  • Forum Regular
  • "I'll do it later.."
  • Respect: +15
Commerce Exchange/Study Abroad at High Tier Colleges?
« on: July 23, 2019, 05:03:38 pm »
Hey all!

So I'm still in year 12, tho I was really curious on what it takes to be able to go on exchange and study overseas I top tier colleges. My dream is to go on exchange to Wharton Business School at UPenn, and I wanted to know what these university's expect, such as a WAM cutoff from UNSW or so on.
When can you go on exchange when studying, and how long is the process to apply?
Sorry for all these questions! I'm just a little intrigued  ;D

Thanks!
HSC 2019
Business Studies - Economics - Physics - English Adv. - Maths Adv.

ATAR:
Aim = 92+, Actual = 97.1 ;D

owidjaja

• National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Bibliophile. Stationery addict.
  • Respect: +1010
Re: Commerce Exchange/Study Abroad at High Tier Colleges?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 05:32:39 pm »
+2
Hey all!

So I'm still in year 12, tho I was really curious on what it takes to be able to go on exchange and study overseas I top tier colleges. My dream is to go on exchange to Wharton Business School at UPenn, and I wanted to know what these university's expect, such as a WAM cutoff from UNSW or so on.
When can you go on exchange when studying, and how long is the process to apply?
Sorry for all these questions! I'm just a little intrigued  ;D

Thanks!
Hey there,

From the research that I've done on student exchange is that you need at least credit average (this may change depending on what institution you want to go to). You also need to choose from a UNSW partnered institution, and I believe UPenn is a partnered institution. Don't quote me because I haven't gone on an exchange haha. If you want to do a bit more research on this, these websites are a good place to start:

https://student.unsw.edu.au/exchange
https://student.unsw.edu.au/partners

Hope this helps!
2018 HSC: English Advanced | Mathematics | Physics | Modern History | History Extension | Society and Culture | Studies of Religion I

ATAR: 93.60

2019: Aerospace Engineering (Hons)  @ UNSW

KingTings

• MOTM: JULY 19
  • Forum Regular
  • "I'll do it later.."
  • Respect: +15
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 07:18:02 pm »
+1
Hey there,

From the research that I've done on student exchange is that you need at least credit average (this may change depending on what institution you want to go to). You also need to choose from a UNSW partnered institution, and I believe UPenn is a partnered institution. Don't quote me because I haven't gone on an exchange haha. If you want to do a bit more research on this, these websites are a good place to start:

https://student.unsw.edu.au/exchange
https://student.unsw.edu.au/partners

Hope this helps!
Thanks so much!! Yea just I found UPenn on the partner institutions haha  ;D
HSC 2019
Business Studies - Economics - Physics - English Adv. - Maths Adv.

ATAR:
Aim = 92+, Actual = 97.1 ;D

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2019, 08:05:29 pm »
+3
Hi!

Adding to what Olivia said, you do need at least a credit average and WAM cut-offs vary according to popularity.

In response to your questions:
1. WAM cut-off for Wharton
This varies every year because cut-offs are based on popularity so if not as many students go one year, the WAM cut-off will decrease. As of Semester 2 2018, the cut-off for Wharton was a HD.

2. When can you go on exchange, and how long is the application process?
After you've completed 18 units of credit (3 subjects), you're good to go! I don't know if this is just me being an International Studies student but the application process isn't that long. It's just the course matching you'll have to do that takes the longest, so the subjects you want to take at your desired overseas institution have to be somewhat similar to the ones you would've taken at UNSW if you didn't go on exchange. I hope that makes sense!

I hope this helps! Feel free to ask more questions as I'm currently applying for exchange now :-)
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW