Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 01:05:05 am

Author Topic: -  (Read 5564 times)  Share 

Snow Leopard

• MOTM: SEP 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +196
-
« on: April 07, 2020, 04:00:55 pm »
-
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 06:35:49 pm by Snow Leopard »

brothanathan

Re: LOTE Students and Covid-19
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 04:39:48 pm »
+1
If you guys were doing Unit 1 of a LOTE this year, would you change to another subject which you can actually self-teach yourself for Unit 2. I'm not a native speaker in this language. At this stage, I don't think that I would be able to have conversations with my teacher to improve my language skills (particularly oral skills). The main and perhaps only thing that my school will provide me with would probably be mere instructions on what to do (i.e: our school website and e-mailing our teachers, nothing else like zoom, Microsoft forms etc). While I will inevitably be affected by covid-19, I want it to have the least affect on me possible and it seems like in my case continuing this LOTE would be quite risky. What do you guys think?

Researching on YouTube for LOTE really helped with my oral skills. Obviously take some of the things they say like certain marketing initiatives with a grain of salt, but the actual resources and understanding how they used it is so key. Never neglect mouth position, tongue position and etc. it is so crucial. Many of those content creators will provide you with the opportunity to learn the skills in an efficient and de-stressing format. If you need help with further research feel free to PM me, as YouTube is just a starting point. For LOTE it's never too late to learn something new. Contrary to popular belief, most things for LOTE can be self-taught to a reasonable/subjective degree.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 04:46:34 pm by brothanathan »