Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:17:08 pm

Author Topic: Physics Bridging Course  (Read 3512 times)  Share 

Sam Jaydon

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Physics Bridging Course
« on: January 17, 2021, 01:37:01 pm »
Hello everybody,
Hope you're doing well. I have recently accepted an offer into UNSW mechatronic engineering, and I am not sure whether to complete the (Physics bridging course). I have completed physics in year 11 only, and maths extension 1 in both year 11 and 12. Would that suffice me?
Thanks

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
Re: Physics Bridging Course
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2021, 02:46:19 pm »
+3
I asked a friend of mine who graduated from mechatronics engineering recently. He noted that he only did up to year 11 physics in the old syllabus and came out fine.

But he also checked the new physics syllabuses. And pretty much gave the same conclusion that year 11 physics is enough. His comment on the bridging course is that it'd be useful for electrical engineering (but not required). Ext 1 maths is good enough.

He also commented: "Basic mechanics are electrical understandings are enough, uni will dive much deeper into it without assuming you know anything haha" "For mechatronics (and preee much any other engineering discipline besides electrical)."

Aside: I've asked the current moderation team to delete your repeat posts in other sections of the forum, as per forum rules.