Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 10:19:10 pm

Author Topic: English: Short Story  (Read 3371 times)

Jazmin Ward

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
English: Short Story
« on: June 15, 2021, 08:08:40 pm »
Hey,

I was just wondering if anyone is willing to give me some feedback on my short story. It is inspired by the poem Arms and the Boy by Wilfred Owen which challenges the glorification of war. 

Thanks,
Jazmin :)

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
Re: English: Short Story
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2021, 08:51:22 pm »
+2
Hey Jazmin,
I don't know the text, but I just put a few general comments in about creative writing in general. Feel free to ignore them if they don't really work with the style of the short story you are trying to emulate. Hope they're helpful!

By the way, I think it's a really fantastic piece! I love some of the imagery you used. Once again, I'm not sure what sort of imagery the original text uses but I'd encourage you to make use of even more. As the cliche goes "show, don't tell".

Best of luck with your story!

Jazmin Ward

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: English: Short Story
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2021, 07:46:46 am »
+1
Hey Jazmin,
I don't know the text, but I just put a few general comments in about creative writing in general. Feel free to ignore them if they don't really work with the style of the short story you are trying to emulate. Hope they're helpful!

By the way, I think it's a really fantastic piece! I love some of the imagery you used. Once again, I'm not sure what sort of imagery the original text uses but I'd encourage you to make use of even more. As the cliche goes "show, don't tell".

Best of luck with your story!

Hey Laura,

Thank you so much for the feedback, I really appreciate it! :)