Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 02:07:56 am

Author Topic: My teacher has given me the wrong SAC marks  (Read 3031 times)  Share 

Anonymous12345678901234567890

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
My teacher has given me the wrong SAC marks
« on: October 05, 2021, 11:33:49 pm »
Hey all,

I have just found out that my Psych teacher has submitted my Unit 3 SAC scores incorrectly.

She had me down as getting a 44/50 (88%) for my Unit 3 Outcome 2 SACs (four different SACs weighted differently), but when I do the maths, I averaged 96% (48/50) across the three assessments, with a lowest score of 95%. My Outcome 1 average was 88% (one big SAC) and accurate, but there is a huge disparity between my marks.

Basically, the cohort for my subject is pretty weak, but one of the two subject teachers is marking her SACs too highly, especially compared to my teacher.

This means her class' marks are inflated, thus, instead of being in rank 1 or 2 as which I should be with my 48 (overall 46/50), I'm actually down in rank 5 on a 44/50, which is going to screw me over in the exam.

I'm not supposed to know these scores but either way, this information has already been submitted to VCAA.

What on earth could I do to save my study score? Even better if my teacher doesn't know about it. Do I play the long game?

Thanks in advance.

S_R_K

• MOTM: Feb '21
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +58
Re: My teacher has given me the wrong SAC marks
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2021, 03:46:08 pm »
+2
It's hard to comment directly on your situation, since it's difficult to know how much of what you claim to know is actually just hearsay and how much comes from reliable sources. BUT:

Schools can adjust SAC scores already submitted to VCAA. It costs the school a bit of money, but it's possible. You could argue to the relevant higher-ups at your school that this is what should happen, but you'd need to present good evidence that your teacher has made a mistake in filling in outcome scores.