Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 10:48:32 pm

Author Topic: Lemurbruv vs Year 12  (Read 15293 times)

lemurbruv

• Trailblazer
  • hi guys i like school :) (well i'm trying)
  • Respect: +34
Re: Lemurbruv vs Year 12
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2022, 05:39:35 pm »
+4
Term 2 Week 7

General

Wow! Long time no see  ;D, Y12 got crazy omg so much has happened.

To condense it... I got covid and then some other horrible virus, possibly the flu so I have been away from school for weeks. My procrastination has hit an all-time high, but I'll probs be back at school tomorrow so I'm actually feeling alright. I applied for early entry to ANU to study politics, so literally everything is crossed come 5th September that I will get an offer.

Subject updates!!

Methods

I literally only got this back today, but I got 98% on my first methods sac which puts me equal rank one I literally cannot believe it. I actually cried this afternoon when I found out because I found the sac really difficult and I almost didn't finish, and I came home from school the day of the sac crying (also with covid... although that was discovered later in the evening), so to say I am relieved would be the biggest understatement ever.

Chem

Currently doing our extended practical investigation. I was sick for the actual prac itself but my partner is next-level smart, so even though the science department did not know how to use the multimeter (we did electrolysis and measured the current) she still managed to do it and it all went ok.

English

I got my ALA mark from last term back... 90%, so although it's not quite what I needed I am absolutely not complaining because I put a decent effort into it and I think 90 is fine. I have my text response SAC on Wednesday so not looking forward to that, although I am really enjoying Rear Window. I appreciate Hitchcock's symbolism and commentary on society more than anything I think, but also the exploration of the human condition. I'm into that stuff, so lucky me I guess :)

Spesh

First SAC - 72%. It's below the class average (74%) but at this stage I'm satisfied because I know I can do better on the next one (although it is calculus so idrk how the hell I think I'm gonna pass that one but we'll see). I struggle a bit with applications of anti-diff like the flow questions and stuff I just can't seem to be able to set up my equations right but I'm getting there.

French

I haven't got my T1 SAC back yet (because I've been away) but the class average is not good. The highest kids in my class are getting 70s and 80s and I'm so scared for mine (apparently highest Listening Section mark was 13/20, dear Lord, please let that be me). I am (to the best of my knowledge given we've had two more sacs since the first) rank one, so I suppose if I maintain that then I'll be fine, but gee french creeps up on you if you don't put the work in.

I've read way more books than I should've these past few months. Since my last post I've read 11. Currently onto Fortune Favours the Dead, which I thought I would get into a lot faster but I think it's just because I'm stressed. I'm going to try to keep up this journal now because it will be a good thing to reflect on once year 12 is done !!!!

Thanks for reading as always!!

~ Lemur
class of 2022!
my year 12 VCE journal :)
2021: music
2022: english, methods, spesh, chem, french