Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 03:44:32 am

Author Topic: Getting ahead before uni starts  (Read 1962 times)  Share 

WhatisaMeMe

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +10
Getting ahead before uni starts
« on: January 20, 2022, 12:27:47 am »
Hi I will be studying Science at monash and I would like to ask if it is possible to access lectures/textbook (which to buy/borrow) before uni starts and do you guys recommend doing this to get ahead during the current holidays?
Thank you.
ATAR:Hopefully 95+

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
Re: Getting ahead before uni starts
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2022, 11:08:51 am »
+5
I like your eagerness, but I wouldn't recommend doing anything to "get ahead" during the current holidays. You earnt your rest after your VCE exams and, trust me, you'll come to regret it if you stress yourself out too early. Take this time to enrol, pick your units (subjects in uni talk), set up your "adult life" (e.g. get a job, get your Ls/Ps, catch up with your mates), learn the uni lingo, check the principal dates, set up your timetable on Allocate+ (when available) and join some social events like Orientation (I've heard they're doing a couple of events in January this year).

Generally, textbooks aren't always super necessary, nor relevant to the unit content. Likewise, most students probably won't have access to lectures until much closer to semester (unless they somehow got copies from older students, but that's another story...). You can, however, probably read up on what certain units are like via the Subject Review thread, if you like, so you can pick the best units for you and your intentions. 
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread