Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:00:16 pm

Author Topic: Bio 3/4, Chem 3/4, Psychology 3/4  (Read 3378 times)  Share 

Vincentday22

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Bio 3/4, Chem 3/4, Psychology 3/4
« on: February 17, 2022, 08:53:11 pm »
+1
Hey there,
I was wondering whether anyone had any advice for using flashcards as to whether Anki is a useful tool or whether I should even be using flashcards at all? My current plan with studying is to right the conceptual points within the textbooks, and then put every bolded/glossary term into the flashcards.

Also, I often find that I can't make any time for memorizing my flashcards as there is always something new to study in another subject. My plan is to begin revising for SACs at least two weeks before the assessment. Thoughts?

Thank you, it would be dearly appreciated if someone could help me out, as I'm trying my best at the moment, but I sometimes just don't know if what I'm doing is right.

Vin :)

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
Re: Bio 3/4, Chem 3/4, Psychology 3/4
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2022, 08:59:24 pm »
+1
Hey there!

I personally tried Anki myself and found it super clunky, in comparison to using Quizlet - but it's definitely not a bad idea to see what works for you! :)

Personally, I used to set some time aside each week to revise all the concepts learnt. If you're struggling to find time to fit it in flashcards into your study time, perhaps a way to fit it in is to write a study timetable.

Study techniques aren't a one size fits all, and everyone learns a little differently. There's plenty of time to see what works best for you — even if you have to experiment a bit.

Hope this helps a bit, and happy studies!
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

jinx_58

• Trendsetter
  • "I am not afraid to walk this world alone" - MCR
  • Respect: +22
Re: Bio 3/4, Chem 3/4, Psychology 3/4
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2022, 09:41:20 pm »
+2
I would suggest using RemNote flashcards
I found them really really useful for my exams.
The below video is a tutorial on how to use them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIHoH2ySLrU&ab_channel=RemNote

Flashcards are a good method of recalling information, but I feel it depends on how you use them.

Good luck!
 - jinx_58
Class of 2022!
Currently doing Unit 4: QCE
Physics || Chemistry ||Methods || General English || Ancient History || Religion & Ethics
My Year 12 QCE Journal!