Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 10:15:05 pm

Author Topic: Education (honours)/Science?  (Read 1845 times)  Share 

rend

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Education (honours)/Science?
« on: March 25, 2022, 09:56:20 am »
Hi,
I've recently starting thinking about doing a double degree at Monash in Science/Education. I'm currently in year 12 doing bio and chem and have pretty much decided on doing science at Monash, but thought about adding education as I am interested in becoming a science teacher. I just wanted to ask if anybody else has done/is doing this at the moment and what the workload/schedule is like (how many days a week do you have uni) and if it's worth doing. Or should I do a bachelor of science and then do a postgrad teaching degree (however this will take longer).
Thanks!
2021: psych
2022: bio, chem, english, further, legal

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: Education (honours)/Science?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2022, 05:52:15 pm »
+1
Hi,
I've recently starting thinking about doing a double degree at Monash in Science/Education. I'm currently in year 12 doing bio and chem and have pretty much decided on doing science at Monash, but thought about adding education as I am interested in becoming a science teacher. I just wanted to ask if anybody else has done/is doing this at the moment and what the workload/schedule is like (how many days a week do you have uni) and if it's worth doing. Or should I do a bachelor of science and then do a postgrad teaching degree (however this will take longer).
Thanks!
A double degree doesnt mean a larger workload if that is what you are indirectly asking. You would still be doing the same number of units per semester.

I feel like if you are sure you want to be a teacher you may as do the double straightaway but in the long term either would be fine.