Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 10:24:52 pm

Author Topic: Year 10 Subject Selection  (Read 1289 times)  Share 

Sharleze129

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Year 10 Subject Selection
« on: June 26, 2022, 08:25:02 pm »
Hi everyone :),
I'm currently a year 10 student in NSW and we have subject selection this month. I'm struggling to choose my subjects. I know I want to pursue a bachelor of arts/science and then possibly get my Juris doctorate. The subjects I'm considering are English adv, SOR 2, Biology, Ancient history, Legal studies, Earth and environmental science, and Modern history.
I'm cant choose between modern and EES. Does anyone have an opinion on either of those subjects that would help my decision?
Also, are modern and Ancient too much of a workload together?

And yes, I know I should be doing maths for a bachelor of science but I hate 5.3 right now haha. Hopefully, I won't need it, and if I do I'll do a bridging course. 

raychle.com.au

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: Year 10 Subject Selection
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2022, 12:08:13 am »
Hi Sharleze!  ;D
First off, it's great that you've got a grasp on what you want to do in the future. I'm a year 12 student right now, so please take my advice with a grain of salt (and bias) since I haven't done most of the subjects you're doing. I'd personally go with modern history since it would be most relevant to your uni studies (if you do want to end up with the Juris Doc.) Also because I do it :) and it's one of my favourite subjects! Modern does depend on your school's chosen topics since every school gets a choice for each one, but overall the whole course is extremely interesting! If needed, ask your teachers what the course topics will look like to get a feel for what's to come. As far as I know, doing both modern and ancient at the same time is no biggie; it's just like doing any other two subjects. The content is very different from one another and are essentially drastically different humanities subjects in their methodology, research, etc. Don't feel apprehensive about doing both, worst case you could drop a subject in year 12.
Hope this helped, and don't feel inclined to stick to my advice to a T. Good luck in senior years!