Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 03:56:28 pm

Author Topic: Selective School Exam Year 9 Entry  (Read 25186 times)  Share 

hegihugo

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +10
Re: Send Essays Here [Must Be Done Under 15 Min] Selective School Practice
« Reply #105 on: June 19, 2017, 09:36:31 pm »
I followed Pi's advice which is if the question takes too long, just skip it and circle a random letter (such as b)

jz27

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +8
Re: Send Essays Here [Must Be Done Under 15 Min] Selective School Practice
« Reply #106 on: June 20, 2017, 05:05:40 pm »
same. which is why i guessed 10-15 . Those are the random answers i guesed
2020: Chinese SLA [34-> ~43]
2021 (raw): English [42] Spesh [43] Methods [45] Chem [40] Physics [41]

ATAR: 99.30
UCAT: 3240 (99th)
Studying Medicine at Monash University

Currently taking students for 2023 selective school entry exam, email [email protected] for more details

Running a free selective schools information session on the 17th of July. Email for more details!

jz27

• Trendsetter
Re: Selective School Exam Year 9 Entry
« Reply #107 on: August 09, 2017, 08:24:46 pm »
so... anyone anxious?

Currently taking students for 2023 selective school entry exam, email [email protected] for more details

Running a free selective schools information session on the 17th of July. Email for more details!

pro(crastinator)

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #108 on: August 09, 2017, 08:54:11 pm »

jz27

• Trendsetter
« Reply #109 on: August 10, 2017, 10:02:15 am »
+1
I got into mhs omfg

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #110 on: August 10, 2017, 10:28:05 am »
+5
I got into mhs omfg

Hey man, really happy to hear this!

You've clearly worked very hard - congratulations on behalf of all of ATAR Notes. :))

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

acidic_solution

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #111 on: October 15, 2017, 12:21:45 pm »
+1
PERSUASIVE ESSAY:

Hi!
 The topic For my essay: Why is it bad to spend large amount of money on space programs?

THE ESSAY:
Spending endless amount of money on space programs is an act that a lot of people contribute too. Around the globe, annually 13 billion dollars of resources are spent on space programs and so far, there are no outstanding results. Is it really worth it?  Even if there are not so great results, does it not change the fact that will the this knowledge, or discoveries doesn't benefit humanity? Even f there are results, would they help solve human- Earth issues?
Apart from wasting resources, Spending these large sums of money on space programs would just damage the environments.

Spending these substantial amount of money is really just a waste of hard-earned people cash and time. Throughout the years , has the discoveries of space really benefited the Earth or people, apart from just mental peace? Of course it hasn't, as all we have gained, is just knowledge that wont even aid human issues.  The amount of time being spent on these useless space programs is out of the world! Averagely, a worker for space program spends 1234 hours annually. That same time could be used for something productive,something that would actually aid the Earth or people. Even     though we are spending countless dollars on these programs, do they give promising results?

A new research shows that spending half the amount spent on space programs would end world hunger. That is an issue already solved the valuable money. This  shows that would changes could happen, it that space money were spent on something useful and the promising results it would give, instead of crossing our fingers, for the next rocket to land on Mars. It is like baking a cake. using resources and a new recipe, it wouldn't taste as well as on a classic  recipe, that has already given promising results. The resources used on the old recipe cake   were not wasted Just as the precious money would be, being spent on more urgent issues.

Some even say that spending these generous  amount of money on space is an useful act, as if something terrible happens to Earth, humans can escape. Why would these terrible events happen in the first place? The biggest contributor is climate change. Investing the same amount of money on renewable energy generators, and giving the same time, experts predict that Climate change would decrease by 70%. Spending on space programs does its fair share of damaging the Earth too. When the money is spent, astronauts and scientists use that money on rockets, satellites and telescopes. For each rocket and satellite sent to space, that increases greenhouse gasses by 2%. IT my not seem a lot with only one rocket, but just think, how many sent since 1940.... THE TIME RAN OUT.

Thanks a lot for checking this essay. IT really does mean a lot as my English does not some feedbacks. Also criticise. BE a harsh marker on my essay please. The more feedback the better.

jz27

• Trendsetter
« Reply #112 on: October 17, 2017, 04:51:56 pm »
WHO GOT SECOND ROUND MHS OR NOSSAL OFFER. I GOT FIRST ROUND. BUT SOME OF MY SCHOOL MATES GOT SECOND. DID ANY OF YOU?