Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 02:48:57 am

Author Topic: ThunderDragon's Journey to Med  (Read 20348 times)

ThunderDragon

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +110
Re: ThunderDragon's Journey to Med
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2022, 11:44:28 am »
+5
Hello fellow ADHD candidate :)

The self-doubt, and feelings of inadequacy pre-diagnosis are awful, so I'm glad that you're on the path to treatment and feeling relieved.

It's great you're doing units that are more related to your interests now (can't entirely relate haha). Hope you enjoy the rest of the break and all the best for the coming semester and the GAMSAT.
Hey LM
Thank you for your kind words. I hope the treatment will make things a lot more manageable. Don't worry, once you get to 2nd year, you'll have a lot more variety of units to choose from.
2019 - Geography [41]
2020 - English, Methods, Chem, Bio and Psych [39]
2021 - 2023 Bachelor of Science at Monash

ThunderDragon's Journey to Med

Currently offering tutoring in 3/4 Psychology for 2022. PM if interested!

ThunderDragon

• Trendsetter
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2022, 04:44:55 pm »
+6
Not really an update but I just want to rant a little. Having undiagnosed ADHD, the fact that it will be another month before I can finally get my psychiatrist appointment and get diagnosed and finally get on medications is making uni extremely difficult as I am several weeks behind and assignments are starting to pile up. What makes it worse is that I have to get extremely high grades to get into my dream course but concentrating on lectures/assignments is a nightmare... thanks for hearing my rant. I will try and do a proper update either this week or next week.
2019 - Geography [41]

bababoo

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2022, 07:09:12 pm »
+2
Not really an update but I just want to rant a little. Having undiagnosed ADHD, the fact that it will be another month before I can finally get my psychiatrist appointment and get diagnosed and finally get on medications is making uni extremely difficult as I am several weeks behind and assignments are starting to pile up. What makes it worse is that I have to get extremely high grades to get into my dream course but concentrating on lectures/assignments is a nightmare... thanks for hearing my rant. I will try and do a proper update either this week or next week.

Sounds very difficult. I can only wish you more strength to cope with everything.
If you are looking for how to pass the time, then click for source. You will be able to have a good time.

lm21074

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +594
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2022, 10:38:46 pm »
Hi TD,

How's everything going?
2021: VCE
2022: Science / Arts @ Monash

ThunderDragon

• Trendsetter
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2022, 10:23:49 pm »
+5
Hey everyone

I know it's been quite a while since I've updated my journal but a lot of things have happened since my last entry and it's been quite a few hectic months.

In terms of uni, I am fairly happy with my uni results from Semester 1 as I got:

73 Distinction in DEV2011: Early Developmental Biology
90 High Distinction in PHY2011: Neuroscience
98 High Distinction in UMH1102: Mental Health in Context

This boosts my WAM up slightly to a 84.2 and my GPA drops a tiny bit to a 3.75/4. My WAM is so close to what is needed for Postgraduate Medicine at Monash so I'm fairly happy and confident I will be able to cross that line in the next 2 semesters. For next semester I will be doing:

DEV2022: Human Anatomy
PHY2032: Endocrine Physiology
PHY2042: Body Systems Physiology
PHA2022: Pharmacology

I am pretty excited about these units and while the workload will definitely be a lot more compared to last semester, the content does seem a lot more interesting.

In terms of other news, I just finished my UCAT today (3rd attempt aha) after months of preparation. I am glad it finally paid of and I ended up with:

VR: 670
DM: 750
QR: 880
AR: 750
Total: 3050 (Roughly 94th Percentile based on last year's scores)

I am fairly happy with these scores as I have a chance at UNSW undergraduate med and am 10 above the cut-off for Joint Medical Program (Newcastle/New England) so I am praying that the cut offs don't rise more than 10. Gonna spend the next few days resting before uni starts again. I will see you in my next update.
2019 - Geography [41]

lm21074

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +594
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2022, 11:29:10 am »
Congratulations ThunderDragon on your amazing efforts this semester! You're doing so well and I'm proud of you :)
2021: VCE
2022: Science / Arts @ Monash