Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:44:10 am

Author Topic: HSC Biology Notes  (Read 40493 times)  Share 

BrittyG

• Forum Regular
  • Work hard and be rewarded
  • Respect: +50
Re: HSC Biology Notes
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2018, 07:27:04 pm »
If you are looking for some proper, edited, polished notes, then these are a great choice! They do cost $25, but if you are looking for a resource similar to it and don't mind spending an hour or twos pay from work, then worth a look :)

Can totally vouch for these notes Kate, although they aren't my syllabus I use the first edition for bio and my rank went from 16th to 2nd. 100% worth it.
HSC 2018
Biology || Business Studies || English Standard || Genral Math || PDHPE || Studies of Religion I

Pearlmilktea

• MOTM: DEC 19
  • Forum Regular
  • "fun n fresh"
  • Respect: +44
Re: HSC Biology Notes
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2020, 12:35:42 am »
+2
NEW SYLLABUS NOTES

Year 10 Notes with Foundational Concepts

Simple and easy to understand definitions and concepts for Prelim and HSC Bio
Genetics and Evolution
Ignore the lower rating - these notes are a good summary of Year 10 content and although they don't have enough detail for year 11/12, they're good to have a quick look at

Preliminary Biology

ATARNotes Lecture Summary of All Prelim Content - an obvious 10/10 :)

Module 1
Very thorough notes complete with diagrams and mind maps
Really good notes. However for topics such as osmosis, I would recommend cutting straight to the chase with a definition e.g. Osmosis is the passive movement of a solvent (such as water) from an area where it is in high concentration to where it is in low concentration (down a concentration gradient). This makes it super clear to the marker that you know what you're talking about.

Simpler notes and easy language to grapple with - needs a few more details but still great.
Really great and well organised notes

« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 12:50:01 am by Pearlmilktea »
HSC 2018: French Continuers (92)
HSC 2019: Biology (94), English Adv (92), French Extension  (41), Legal Studies (91) and Italian Beginners (95).

ATAR: 98.45
HSC All-rounder :)

Gracie :D