Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:10:56 pm

Author Topic: Mod A Thesis  (Read 3603 times)

dreamdog10

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Mod A Thesis
« on: July 16, 2016, 01:19:55 pm »
I wasn't sure how to create a new thread so hopefully i've done the right thing.
Okay brilliant.

So, "Ambition is the fundament of deceit, as it is the natural tendency for individuals to ignore their conscience for power."
This is quite difficult.

HSC 2016: 3U english: 44, english: 88, 3U maths: 44, maths: 91 ancient history: 90, biology: 86 and VA: 95

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
Re: Mod A Thesis
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 04:58:01 pm »
I wasn't sure how to create a new thread so hopefully i've done the right thing.
Okay brilliant.

So, "Ambition is the fundament of deceit, as it is the natural tendency for individuals to ignore their conscience for power."
This is quite difficult.

Hey there! Are you looking to create a more adaptable/universal thesis, or are you connecting this to a particular essay question?
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

dreamdog10

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 05:52:46 pm »
Hey there! Are you looking to create a more adaptable/universal thesis, or are you connecting this to a particular essay question?

Hi Elyse! Im just following off from the "Writing an English Advanced Module A Essay" thread but yeah more universal thesis I'd say, just more in terms of the concept of deceit and ambition.
HSC 2016: 3U english: 44, english: 88, 3U maths: 44, maths: 91 ancient history: 90, biology: 86 and VA: 95

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 09:13:00 pm »
+1
Hi Elyse! Im just following off from the "Writing an English Advanced Module A Essay" thread but yeah more universal thesis I'd say, just more in terms of the concept of deceit and ambition.

Hey dream dog!! Sorry Elyse I asked dream dog to make a new thread so we could chat about their Thesis  ;)

I think your Thesis starts really well!! I think it needs a little more amplification though, a bit more detail  ;D try now, in a second sentence, linking to how this ignorance of conscience leads to deceitful acts (perhaps tying in how this continually happens across contexts to start your comparative study). Basically, now really hammer home the link to deceit, and open the door for comparative study, if that makes sense?

What you have at the moment is a great start!! Feel free to run a few things by us  ;D

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2016, 09:27:22 pm »
Hey dream dog!! Sorry Elyse I asked dream dog to make a new thread so we could chat about their Thesis  ;)

That makes sense! Awesome thesis though - you've evidently put a lot of work into it and it is very powerful without using ridiculous language to achieve that!
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

dreamdog10

• Adventurer
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2016, 11:50:23 am »
+1

I think your Thesis starts really well!! I think it needs a little more amplification though, a bit more detail  ;D try now, in a second sentence, linking to how this ignorance of conscience leads to deceitful acts (perhaps tying in how this continually happens across contexts to start your comparative study). Basically, now really hammer home the link to deceit, and open the door for comparative study, if that makes sense?

What you have at the moment is a great start!! Feel free to run a few things by us  ;D

Brilliant. Thank you! Ill see how i go :)