Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 08:57:35 pm

Author Topic: English assignment  (Read 1553 times)  Share 

jordankoorey

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: St Maroun's College
  • School Grad Year: 2016
English assignment
« on: July 16, 2016, 08:32:36 pm »
+1
Hi all
Can someone please provide feedback on my assignment? Basically I need to create an artwork to do with "thE Story of tom brennan" and relate it to transitions. it has to do with three themes.

thank you :)

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +16
Re: English assignment
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 08:38:09 pm »
+1
Hey jordankoorey! We are more than happy to help with your subjects (especially English because it is 👎🏼- sorry elyse ;)) but we would like to see what you have achieved first! How are we supposed to know where to start if we cannot see any work in progress? As I said, being an Advanced student who has standard friends ( and lots of Mod's who can help) we are more than happy to assist you, just want to see what you know first, how you would go about answering the question. Cool?

Any (more specific) questions that just ask? Asking gets your post count up so then you can submit drafts to get amazing feedback on :D

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 09:29:39 pm »
...especially English because it is 👎🏼- sorry elyse ;)

Blasphemy!!!!
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

jordankoorey

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: St Maroun's College
  • School Grad Year: 2016
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 09:39:47 pm »
Just read the rest of your question.

I guess you can call me a "standard" achiever. My marks are between 79-85 for english.

So basically my art work represents the transition of Toms mother. As a result of her son being put away in jail, she expierences some turmoil in her life, which results in a new life - a new transition. This transition changes who she is. I have used a "split face" to illustrate how the transition has affected her. The book references her growing old (metaphorically) which I used the right side to represent. I also used the color blue to represent her depression.

Towards the end of the book, she grows and accepts reality. THe left side represents how progressive she is to deal with her transition. Yellow also represents optism and hope.

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2016, 09:44:27 pm »

I guess you can call me a "standard" achiever. My marks are between 79-85 for english.

Those puns though ;)   :-X

Blasphemy!!!!

Maybe if I had a better teacher for English, than it wouldnt be so bad and I wouldnt need so much help with it. I like reading and I like Writing i just dont like HSC Advanced English that much :-\