Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 08:27:32 am

Author Topic: CSSA Trial Paper One 2016  (Read 40017 times)

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +16
Re: CSSA Trial Paper One 2016
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2016, 04:39:33 pm »
+1
Creative really threw me because i was expecting a picture. I had trouble connecting my half pre-prepared response to just 1 stimuli as it spanned over multiple. So i hope i didnt stuff that one up  :-\

Essay was a gift  ;D Went really well with 3 of gray's coast road poems, went amazingly with my related text but feel like I couldve written more analysis and less digressions..

Unseen texts were surprisingly easy except one of them (3 or 4?) where i either nailed it or completely misintrepreted it.

I completed Section I in 35 minutes, Section II in 35 minutes and Section III in 49 3/4 mins :P I was so close to not finishing that the examiner malpractice woman (Lol, i cant remember her title) had to supervise me while i wrote my number, course, booklets used and booklet number on each of the 5 booklets...

During the page by page analysis I flicked to the creative (bleach please!) and essay (yes!)
Then while I had to 'sit quietly' for Eng Studies PPA, i thought about how i could possibly work this creative. During my reading time, I.. well.. read. Lol  ;D the texts were easy enough i think i just overanalysed (4 pages?)

What texts did everyone do for the final question? I did 2 and 4 but it seems that was an unpopular choice haha
Best of luck for tomorrow everyone!!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 04:43:22 pm by studybuddy7777 »

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Seize the means of the HSC" ~ Vladimir Lenin
  • Respect: +931
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2016, 05:06:09 pm »
+1
I managed to get my entire creative out in 36 minutes!!! The entire 1300 words!! That is really all I care about in this exam hahaha.

Essay was good, the question was very similar to one we got for an assessment task at the beginning of the year so that was good. Did anyone else find the last unseen text really difficult to relate to discovery?? Idk, I think comprehension is going to be my worst section hahaha...  :P

FREE HISTORY EXTENSION LECTURE - CLICK HERE FOR INFO!

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

ATAR: 97.80

Studying a Bachelor of Communications: Media Arts and Production at UTS 😊

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2016, 05:10:21 pm »
Creative really threw me because i was expecting a picture. I had trouble connecting my half pre-prepared response to just 1 stimuli as it spanned over multiple. So i hope i didnt stuff that one up  :-\

Yeah I agree they were weird, both broad and oddly specific at the same time if that makes sense. Like if your creative was within one of their boundaries then you were sweet, but if not then it was pretty difficult to relate them. I spent most of the time writing it thinking I was going to relate it to c, and then right at the end changed to d.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 05:11:34 pm by jamonwindeyer »

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

Klexos

• Forum Regular
  • Exceeding limitations
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2016, 05:21:25 pm »
I actually don't know if I did the same paper as you guys. BUT FUCK MY CREATIVE, I WROTE SOME SOLID 2 PAGES OF BAND 1-NESS.
2015 HSC: Business Studies

2016 HSC: English Advanced  l  Mathematics  l Mathematics Extension 1  l  Economics  l  Physics

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2016, 05:21:37 pm »
Yeah I agree they were weird, both broad and oddly specific at the same time if that makes sense. Like if your creative was within one of their boundaries then you were sweet, but if not then it was pretty difficult to relate them. I spent most of the time writing it thinking I was going to relate it to c, and then right at the end changed to d.

Lol i think throughout my creative i referred to a, c and d ;D i just wonder which one is strongest? Hopefully theyll only see one link and not three otherwise that could be bad news for me  :-\

I actually don't know if I did the same paper as you guys. BUT FUCK MY CREATIVE, I WROTE SOME SOLID 2 PAGES OF BAND 1-NESS.

Omg i can totally relate to this except i wrote 3 pages of Band 1-ness!!!!

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2016, 05:24:13 pm »
Lol i think throughout my creative i referred to a, c and d ;D i just wonder which one is strongest? Hopefully theyll only see one link and not three otherwise that could be bad news for me  :-\

Ah did you not have to write which stimulus you were using at the top of the page? We did so I couldn't really get away with doing a little bit of all of them :(

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2016, 05:25:51 pm »
Ah did you not have to write which stimulus you were using at the top of the page? We did so I couldn't really get away with doing a little bit of all of them :(

We didnt, or at least they didnt tell us to.. Hopefully i didnt otherwise i am really screwed!! At least i have general manager at maccas to look forward to ;D ;D ;D :P

Klexos

• Forum Regular
  • Exceeding limitations
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2016, 05:26:21 pm »

Omg i can totally relate to this except i wrote 3 pages of Band 1-ness!!!!

My creative was tragic. I'm actually not going to be surprised if I get below 10/15 with 10/15 being a hopeful expectation. I did kill it in my essay and I would say I was decent at short answers BUT CREATIVEEEEEEEE

2016 HSC: English Advanced  l  Mathematics  l Mathematics Extension 1  l  Economics  l  Physics

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2016, 05:30:32 pm »
My creative was tragic. I'm actually not going to be surprised if I get below 10/15 with 10/15 being a hopeful expectation. I did kill it in my essay and I would say I was decent at short answers BUT CREATIVEEEEEEEE
Lol, i will be lucky to get 7 on my creative!! So many cliches and it was like i was writing two creatives, the one that constantly linked to the stimulus and my pre-prepared response!
 :( See you at centrelink..  :P

Klexos

• Forum Regular
  • Exceeding limitations
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2016, 05:46:08 pm »
Lol, i will be lucky to get 7 on my creative!! So many cliches and it was like i was writing two creatives, the one that constantly linked to the stimulus and my pre-prepared response!
 :( See you at centrelink..  :P

Sorry :,( My creative might've been bad, but not bad enough to ruin my whole year and put me in Centrelink

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2016, 05:52:48 pm »
Now I'm kinda curious as to what the questions were

willy-boy

• Adventurer
  • School: St. John Paul College
  • School Grad Year: 2016
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2016, 06:05:23 pm »
The questions were stupid, that's what they were. Hopefully Paper 2 is a kinder mistress

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2016, 06:17:57 pm »
The questions were stupid, that's what they were. Hopefully Paper 2 is a kinder mistress
Everyone complained about Sarah Polley last year and I still got a higher number in paper 1 than paper 2. So who knows.

marynguyen18

• Trendsetter
  • School: Cerdon College
  • School Grad Year: 2016
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2016, 06:35:22 pm »
i liked the first unseen text but i didn't understand the rest of them, for my creative writing i kinda changed it to fit the stimulus ended up doing it like a diary entry format instead of a short story. For my AOS section i actually liked it i was able to remember the quotes i needed (not all but most of them). My time management was decent somehow managed to finish 10 minutes before the exam ended.

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2016, 06:59:44 pm »
+1
I managed to get my entire creative out in 36 minutes!!! The entire 1300 words!!

I think you have a record! Adrenaline does amazing things.
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!