Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 08:17:00 am

Author Topic: CSSA Trial Paper One 2016  (Read 40016 times)

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
Re: CSSA Trial Paper One 2016
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2016, 07:01:51 pm »
My creative was tragic. I'm actually not going to be surprised if I get below 10/15 with 10/15 being a hopeful expectation. I did kill it in my essay and I would say I was decent at short answers BUT CREATIVEEEEEEEE

Did you go in with a prepared response that didn't fit the stimulus, or did you try to make it up as you went and things didn't go so well?

Sending good Paper Two vibes your way!!
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Seize the means of the HSC" ~ Vladimir Lenin
  • Respect: +931
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2016, 07:03:01 pm »
I think you have a record! Adrenaline does amazing things.

Hahaha considering my average for 40 minutes is 1000 words, you could say that I am more than surprised! Hopefully I can keep that up tomorrow, though with the essays I know it will take me a lot longer even though technically they are shorter :/
FREE HISTORY EXTENSION LECTURE - CLICK HERE FOR INFO!

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

ATAR: 97.80

Studying a Bachelor of Communications: Media Arts and Production at UTS 😊

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2016, 07:48:45 pm »
Any last minute paper 2 tips?

What module should we tackle first? Should we plan for 15 minutes at the start for all 3 and then use the remainding time writing, or do them one at a time?

Any advice is appreciated :D

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2016, 08:22:05 pm »

What module should we tackle first? Should we plan for 15 minutes at the start for all 3 and then use the remainding time writing, or do them one at a time?

I personally planned each at a time. So in each 40min block I spent 5min planning at the start.

Might not be what works for you but idk

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2016, 08:26:47 pm »

I personally wrote for at least 1 hr 55 minutes out of the 2 hours, plan mentally in your reading time and briefly at the start ;D  keep linking to the question, remember to have a technique with every quote, and go to the bathroom before you go in, you don't want to lose ANY time in this one  ;D

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2016, 08:29:26 pm »
I personally wrote for at least 1 hr 55 minutes out of the 2 hours, plan mentally in your reading time and briefly at the start ;D  keep linking to the question, remember to have a technique with every quote, and go to the bathroom before you go in, you don't want to lose ANY time in this one  ;D
Hmm.

Well I didn't spend 5 min planning either per se. I just wrote out my quotes and tried to figure out how I'd argue the question - agree or disagree, to what extent blah blah blah and so on forth. That probably took 1.5-2.5min per essay

Edit: Ohh this is my 888th post :D this is meant to be good luck in Chinese culture for me
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 08:36:16 pm by RuiAce »

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2016, 04:50:27 pm »
Hmm.

Well I didn't spend 5 min planning either per se. I just wrote out my quotes and tried to figure out how I'd argue the question - agree or disagree, to what extent blah blah blah and so on forth. That probably took 1.5-2.5min per essay

Edit: Ohh this is my 888th post :D this is meant to be good luck in Chinese culture for me
I certainly did not spend 5 mins on each planning. I planned all three at once (is that bad?) and maybe spent up to 10 minutes all together.
Then I started Module B as that was the most challenging one before realising that Mod A was equally as hard (anyone that does richard should understand)

Finished my conclusion for Art of Travel with maybe 15 seconds to go if the clock i was looking at was accurate. Certainly felt like less :)

Luckily my bladder held because i didnt have anytime to even think about it! ;D
At least its all over now for English until the HSC 👍🏼👍🏼

Klexos

• Forum Regular
  • Exceeding limitations
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2016, 10:46:38 am »
Did you go in with a prepared response that didn't fit the stimulus, or did you try to make it up as you went and things didn't go so well?

Sending good Paper Two vibes your way!!

I had one prepared but I also practised writing on the spot. I would say it was a combination of both, my concept was the complete opposite to the happiness they wanted and I couldn't click with the stimulus at all. (I also don't know if I did the CSSA paper but...yeah)
2015 HSC: Business Studies

2016 HSC: English Advanced  l  Mathematics  l Mathematics Extension 1  l  Economics  l  Physics

caitie145

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2016, 04:44:10 pm »
sorry if this sounds stupid but what is the CSSA trial paper?? do all schools use it?
Pathways :)
Year 1: 2016
Advanced English: band 5
Extension English: E3
Ancient History: band 4

Year 2: 2017
Legal Studies
PDHPE
General Maths
Senior Science

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2016, 05:59:58 pm »
sorry if this sounds stupid but what is the CSSA trial paper?? do all schools use it?
Just Google CSSA trials

It stands for Catholic Secondary School Association I think

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2016, 06:04:01 pm »

Its a trial paper that a lot of catholic schools (and maybe independent though I'm not sure) use :) (not smily face actually because they're known for being pretty tricky but oh well)

The trial examination block for the CSSA began on monday so thats why theres quite a few ppl discussing it
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 06:06:59 pm by sudodds »

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
CSSA Trial Paper One 2016
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2016, 06:10:37 pm »
+1
Its a trial paper that a lot of catholic schools (and maybe independent though I'm not sure) use :) (not smily face actually because they're known for being pretty tricky but oh well)

The trial examination block for the CSSA began on monday so thats why theres quite a few ppl discussing it
Small opinion on this yeah actually a lot of non-Catholic schools also do CSSA and catholic schools do papers such as independent and etc :o

Lauradf36

• Trendsetter
  • "Don't rest on your laurels. Decorate with them"
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2016, 08:30:57 pm »
Comprehension was sweet, creative I spent way too long on but was also sweet, and then essay was rushed and pretty crap... mostly because I was so underprepared  :-\ because the HSC loves us and makes major works due at the same time as trials  :-\
ATAR: 98.85

English Adv: 94
English Ext: 47/50
Ancient history: 94
Legal studies: 94
Music I: 93
Religion II: 95

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2016, 08:50:25 pm »
+1
Comprehension was sweet, creative I spent way too long on but was also sweet, and then essay was rushed and pretty crap... mostly because I was so underprepared  :-\ because the HSC loves us and makes major works due at the same time as trials  :-\

Yay :) I'm sure you did fantastic, even if you're a bit worried about the essay, especially since the essay is only worth 5%. And yeah I know its so annoying BOSTES putting everything at this time, just keep in mind that at least you're not a drama student (well u might be idk hahaha), major works and HSC performances due 1 week after trials :(

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2016, 04:34:30 pm »

OMG this is so true!! Come out of exams next Tuesday and my Design and Tech is due on the friday. (Not due for everyone else until the thursday after, but because our teacher loves to see us work under pressure its earlier)
Have to finish my folio, print all the stuff off, photocopy and include my sketches, bind it all and have it handed in three days after my trials finish. Wow.