Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 08:38:51 am

Author Topic: CSSA Trial Paper One 2016  (Read 39873 times)

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +16
Re: CSSA Trial Paper One 2016
« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2016, 07:39:39 am »
+1
Thanks for the compliments!!
I dont have any magic trick to the unseen texts, but my teacher (who has like 25 years experience) has just drilled into my head its all about the HOW......so techniques, techniques, techniques!!!! During the reading time i quickly read over the unseen texts just to get a feel for them.
I always look at the question before looking at a new unseen text just so i know what i am looking for. During the actual exam, i just circle every technique i come across as i skim through the short story/poem/song/whatever. From there its quite simple, each sentence (2 markers) or second sentence (3 markers) should have a new technique in it, and somehow link it back to the question!!!  :D :D ........well thats roughly what i do anyway

Oh, i also do the paper in order for the record.

That's awesome! Also, in order ftw!

This is such a comprehensive yet succinct guide for short answers!! I always am great at picking up techniques but can never link it back to the question well enough.. Do I just use the terminology of the question as my last sentence saying something like "this effectively explores the notion of unexpected discoveries" (if the question was "explain how text 1 emphasises that discoveries can be unexpected")

Or something different entirely? Im also one for doing this paper from cover to cover (only exam i do so :P) simply because there is a theme for every paper and this is best picked up in the "warm up" short answers.

kevinboy328

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
  • School: North Sydney
  • School Grad Year: 2016
« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2016, 12:14:35 pm »
Was all ok

zachary99

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2016, 05:37:45 pm »
+1
This is such a comprehensive yet succinct guide for short answers!! I always am great at picking up techniques but can never link it back to the question well enough.. Do I just use the terminology of the question as my last sentence saying something like "this effectively explores the notion of unexpected discoveries" (if the question was "explain how text 1 emphasises that discoveries can be unexpected")

Or something different entirely? Im also one for doing this paper from cover to cover (only exam i do so :P) simply because there is a theme for every paper and this is best picked up in the "warm up" short answers.

As an example, here was my answer for question 1 which is scored 2/2 for:
Text one suggests that discoveries can lead to sudden and unexpected new worlds. The colour of the pink rose acts as a salient image which attracts viewer attention and represents the natural beauty of discovering space. The positioning of the flowers in the centre of the picture emphasizes the significance of discovering unexpected new worlds. The juxtaposition of the vibrant pink flowers against the dark space further represents the life giving nature and passion that surrounds discovery.

Hope that helps

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2016, 11:28:06 am »
Text one suggests that discoveries can lead to sudden and unexpected new worlds. The colour of the pink rose acts as a salient image which attracts viewer attention and represents the natural beauty of discovering space. The positioning of the flowers in the centre of the picture emphasizes the significance of discovering unexpected new worlds. The juxtaposition of the vibrant pink flowers against the dark space further represents the life giving nature and passion that surrounds discovery.

Hope that helps

Spot on! I can imagine you got full marks for that one. You've done exactly what needs to be done: you've taken on discovery, and you've taken it on with techniques. That's exactly what is required of you.
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2016, 12:05:13 pm »

Hope that helps

Ive only just seen this now but yes this helps majorly! Thanks for that!