Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:11:06 am

Author Topic: CSSA Trial Paper 2 (Advanced/Standard) 2016  (Read 17808 times)  Share 

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
Re: CSSA Trial Paper 2 (Advanced/Standard) 2016
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2016, 04:50:15 pm »
My complaints about Paper 2 ;D (Oh here we go :P)

Mod A: Richard III and LFR. What!?! I had trouble seeing where this fit into the stimulus
Mod B: Cloudstreet. Wow!! So specific (only 2 characters?) for a 4-5 page response!
Mod C: definitely easiest for Art of Travel it went well, didnt link all that well with my ort.

My opinion: Paper 1 was kinder (did he just say that? ;D)
At least i managed to get at least 4 pages out for each (with approximately 15 seconds to spare :P)

Definitely sounds like an extremely specific Module B question. I studied poetry, and I don't know what the poetry question was. But, if it was my novel study, I would have been screweeeeed.

Just sent you a PM about Mod A.
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2016, 05:04:38 pm »
+1
Definitely sounds like an extremely specific Module B question. I studied poetry, and I don't know what the poetry question was. But, if it was my novel study, I would have been screweeeeed.

Just sent you a PM about Mod A.

Replied to your PM :)

I did poetry for AoS, which suits me quite fine. I would find it hard to do a weighty text plus an ort for Paper 1. (Unless I had to do it lol)

That being said though, Mod A isnt that kind -- Shakespeare and film :(
Neither is Mod B though- normally it works well, a critical text for a critical study. Doesnt help though when the question is so specific i can only use 2 characters from the text (of many...)

Ahbelle

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2016, 01:01:19 pm »
The metro-84 question was weird... :(

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2016, 02:19:48 pm »
The metro-84 question was weird... :(

Welcome to the forums Ahbelle!! Be sure to let me know if you need help finding anything  ;D

marynguyen18

• Trendsetter
  • School: Cerdon College
  • School Grad Year: 2016
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2016, 03:57:21 pm »
I didn't really understand the question for Mod A whilst i liked Mod B and mod C was decent. i don't know how i managed to remember my quotes during the exam. The main thing is that i finished my essay with 5 or so minutes to edit my work.

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2016, 04:04:21 pm »
I didn't really understand the question for Mod A whilst i liked Mod B and mod C was decent. i don't know how i managed to remember my quotes during the exam. The main thing is that i finished my essay with 5 or so minutes to edit my work.

Well thats lucky for you that you had time to edit your work :) I barely had time to write my student number on (the supervisor had to look over my last 2 booklets of signatures :P) So if you had 5 minutes of editing, that is great!!

I have already given my opinions on the Modules so to keep myself from doubling up i will just stop here ;D

Lauradf36

• Trendsetter
  • "Don't rest on your laurels. Decorate with them"
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2016, 08:33:47 pm »
I actually liked Mod A and Mod B because I enjoy figuring out weird theses! (although by the last para of each essay I was making absolutely zero sense, idk why  :-\) Mod C on the other hand, we had just started a week ago, I had like 10 quotes all from the first Act, and by the time I realised they were all from page 19... I had written my entire essay and it sounded like a pile of crap. But hey, it least it's over.
ATAR: 98.85

English Adv: 94
English Ext: 47/50
Ancient history: 94
Legal studies: 94
Music I: 93
Religion II: 95

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2016, 11:10:51 pm »
I actually liked Mod A and Mod B because I enjoy figuring out weird theses! (although by the last para of each essay I was making absolutely zero sense, idk why  :-\) Mod C on the other hand, we had just started a week ago, I had like 10 quotes all from the first Act, and by the time I realised they were all from page 19... I had written my entire essay and it sounded like a pile of crap. But hey, it least it's over.

I loved that about English as well! ;D

I am sure you did really well, don't stress, I bet your essay sounds better than you give yourself credit for!! And there is plenty of time to add some diversity in your quote bank for the HSC, so no dramas! ;D

Sa1998

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2016, 06:00:47 pm »
+1
Since security period is over; let me make you all feel a little better about your selves.
For module A I read MORALITY instead of MORTALITY. So I wrote 2 paragraphs about human relationships and 2 about death... Thank God I wrote something about death at least that got me a 10/20.
OH YH AND I NEVER REALISED TILL I OVER HEARD A FRIEND SAYING MORTALITY

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2016, 06:12:03 pm »
Since security period is over; let me make you all feel a little better about your selves.
For module A I read MORALITY instead of MORTALITY. So I wrote 2 paragraphs about human relationships and 2 about death... Thank God I wrote something about death at least that got me a 10/20.
OH YH AND I NEVER REALISED TILL I OVER HEARD A FRIEND SAYING MORTALITY

Oh no!! Wow what a slip up! Good thing you still managed to pass your Mod A tho. What did you do for mod a? I did the Richards (KR3 and LFR) and the question said about the nature of authority, wrote about power instead and still managed to pull out a 13/20.

Anyone else got marks back? Especially for
Mod A- King Richard and Looking For Richard
Mod B- Cloudstreet
Mod C- Art of Travel
but also for any others :)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 09:18:25 pm by studybuddy7777 »

Sa1998

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +5
CSSA Trial Paper 2 (Advanced/Standard) 2016
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2016, 06:33:17 pm »
Mod A- John Donne's poetry and Margret Edson's play w;t
ModB- speeches
ModC- Brave New World

CinnamonTea

• Adventurer
  • School: Prairie wood High
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2016, 07:23:18 pm »
Haha, :)  I might be known as the one who opened my mouth before the strict CSSA security period (teachers forgot to mention it!) were over.
My question was that when exploring the nature of hope for module a, can we speak about the lack of hope in a dystopian word? My whole class interpreted it this way and hence our average mark for that section went down oh well
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 07:25:24 pm by CinnamonTea »

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2016, 08:41:12 pm »
Haha, :)  I might be known as the one who opened my mouth before the strict CSSA security period (teachers forgot to mention it!) were over.
My question was that when exploring the nature of hope for module a, can we speak about the lack of hope in a dystopian word? My whole class interpreted it this way and hence our average mark for that section went down oh well

It seems like a fair interpretation to me! As long as it is set up correctly, but I suppose it is a little off track from the aim of the question, it would be more difficult to justify :)

CinnamonTea

• Adventurer
  • School: Prairie wood High
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2016, 01:09:48 pm »
Yeah I guess so, so for an "explore"question you cannot challenge the questions or statement given?

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2016, 01:20:13 pm »
Yeah I guess so, so for an "explore"question you cannot challenge the questions or statement given?

You can, but you need to do so without going off track, which can be tricky. Like, you can't disagree with the statement and then proceed to do your own thing, you need to continue on the same topic. For example, an exploration of the nature of hope that then focuses heavily on the nature dystopian texts (while still tying in hope), has gone off track. It's a delicate balance. To be honest, the best person to speak to about this would be Jake, he made a living (in English marks) from disagreeing with the presented statements, it worked really well for him! I'll ask him to stop in and weigh in ;D