Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 10:04:59 pm

Author Topic: W.H. Auden's poetry  (Read 2896 times)

ajperry108

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
W.H. Auden's poetry
« on: August 24, 2016, 05:57:06 pm »
Hi
I was just wondering if anyone had any advice about how to relate W.H. Auden's poetry to people and politics (the elective I'm currently doing it for). I'm finding it challenging to draw out the concepts from the poems that relate to the elective.
Also any suggestions/advice for related texts for his poetry would be much appreciated. I was currently thinking of doing "I met the walrus" by Josh Raskin, but I'm unsure if it works with Audens poetry
Thanks for any help you can provide
I am a current year 12 student, hoping to study Engineering Mechatronics at UTS

Sssssrr

• Forum Regular
  • School: NGS
  • School Grad Year: 2016
Re: W.H. Auden's poetry
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 05:40:05 pm »
Hi
I was just wondering if anyone had any advice about how to relate W.H. Auden's poetry to people and politics (the elective I'm currently doing it for). I'm finding it challenging to draw out the concepts from the poems that relate to the elective.
Also any suggestions/advice for related texts for his poetry would be much appreciated. I was currently thinking of doing "I met the walrus" by Josh Raskin, but I'm unsure if it works with Audens poetry

What specific poems of Audens are you doing?

BPunjabi

• Forum Obsessive
  • So... Hows life?
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 03:27:21 pm »
Hi

I can assist you with the poem spain as its one of my favourites. What do you specifically need help with?
Did HSC in 2016 and was first person to get 100. Aeronautical engineering for me now :P
  <-- CLICK ME

birdwing341

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +4
  • School Grad Year: 2016
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 06:31:30 pm »
Hi

Hi!

I'm happy to help out as well, definitely depending on the poems though. I'm pretty confident I can help with O What is that Sound, Shield of Achilles, Unknown Citizen and September 1939 (my favourite), less so (but still to an extent) on Epitaph on a Tyrant and can't really help for Spain and WB Yeats haha.

I'm probably going to be better at explaining the links than analysing, but just let us know what's wrong :)

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 11:09:27 am »
You guys!!  :'( Making me tear up with happiness with your peer help! I'm happy you guys can help out because I haven't studied Auden's poetry! :)
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!