Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 07:23:33 am

Author Topic: The discovery in a creative piece?  (Read 4914 times)

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
Re: The discovery in a creative piece?
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2016, 10:14:38 am »
Glad you brought forward this point. But, my post still stands as valid that you have to have a pretty damn good cliffhanger and not just "I wonder what will happen next" for it to work. Yes, it can be awesome if it is done right, but it is mostly done in a cheesy, cliched way. I trust that you'll be in the minority who can actually do a good cliffhanger though :)
Have you had experience with them before? Because if so, that will aid you immensely. Just don't leave too much for the marker to figure out because they don't have time!

I'm sure youll smash it tomorrow!! :)

I agree with both of you! But I definitely do agree with your statement that the marker's don't want to have to try and figure things out because it doesn't just apply to the ending, but the entire thing. Sometimes stories are too cryptic. You want to respect your reader's ability to  make connections for themselves, but your markers are getting paid by the paper and although they want to look to give you marks, they can be limited in their generosity if you're giving them too much to decide :)
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!