Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 02:06:44 am

Author Topic: IPT Question Thread + Useful Info  (Read 32349 times)  Share 

aimbotted

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Re: IPT Question Thread + Useful Info
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2016, 12:02:26 am »
Have a go at these two     :)

B and C!

BPunjabi

• Forum Obsessive
  • So... Hows life?
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2016, 12:02:59 am »
Have a go at these two     :)

Not the slightest clue for the second question
Did HSC in 2016 and was first person to get 100. Aeronautical engineering for me now :P
  <-- CLICK ME

Hua Fei

• Trailblazer
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2016, 12:10:05 am »
Im guessing a) for 1, I dont know its odd and a 1, all the rest are even

10) Even number of ones in the given scenario therefore even parity has been used. For errors to be detected, one of the options will give an odd number of ones. Hence, the answer is b) (not a) since even parity is used and error would not be detected)

19) Odd parity has been selected hence, for error to be detected, we're looking for even parity in one of the options. Therefore the answer is c)  (don't know what answer you suggested)

Hua Fei

• Trailblazer
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2016, 12:13:09 am »
Im guessing a) for 1, I dont know its odd and a 1, all the rest are even

Also, for question 10, a) has 6 number of 1's hence its even but b) would be odd since there are 5 number of 1's

BPunjabi

• Forum Obsessive
  • So... Hows life?
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2016, 12:13:57 pm »
Guys I sorta get it but not completely now... is there a slow and basic way you can explain to me because I know every other element of IPT except for this and its pis*ing me off
Did HSC in 2016 and was first person to get 100. Aeronautical engineering for me now :P
  <-- CLICK ME

Hua Fei

• Trailblazer
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2016, 01:37:20 pm »
Guys I sorta get it but not completely now... is there a slow and basic way you can explain to me because I know every other element of IPT except for this and its pis*ing me off

• The message I want to send is: 01001101
  • Which parity do I want? Odd or even?
  • I choose even.
  • I count the number of ones in my message.
  • There are 4 number of ones - therefore, it is even.
  • To make it stay even, the parity bit that I add is 0.
  • Just to check, I count the number of ones again in my modified message: 01001101 0. There are still 4 number of ones.
  • If the receiver gets this message: 01001101 0 or 01111010 1, it says it is correct.
  • This is because the receiver and the sender agreed upon even parity. The receiver counted the number of ones and they were even. Hence, it accepted this message and did not detect an error.
  • If however the receiver gets this message: 01101101 0, it would request a resend as the number of ones are odd (there are 5 number of ones in that message). This is because the receiver and the sender had agreed upon even parity and not odd.

If you still don't get it, say exactly which step makes you confused and I can expand on it   
Hope this helped!

aimbotted

• Forum Regular
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2016, 03:41:52 pm »

It's all about counting the number of odds and evens in the first line of data.

You determine the parity bit and then try to determine the parity bit of the other pieces of data

You'll eventually find one with a different parity and that's the one that has to be checked.

BPunjabi

• Forum Obsessive
  • So... Hows life?
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2016, 03:49:00 pm »
  • The message I want to send is: 01001101
  • Which parity do I want? Odd or even?
  • I choose even.
  • I count the number of ones in my message.
  • There are 4 number of ones - therefore, it is even.
  • To make it stay even, the parity bit that I add is 0.
  • Just to check, I count the number of ones again in my modified message: 01001101 0. There are still 4 number of ones.
  • If the receiver gets this message: 01001101 0 or 01111010 1, it says it is correct.
  • This is because the receiver and the sender agreed upon even parity. The receiver counted the number of ones and they were even. Hence, it accepted this message and did not detect an error.
  • If however the receiver gets this message: 01101101 0, it would request a resend as the number of ones are odd (there are 5 number of ones in that message). This is because the receiver and the sender had agreed upon even parity and not odd.

If you still don't get it, say exactly which step makes you confused and I can expand on it   
Hope this helped!

It makes sense now.. i didnt know you choose even or add.. i was like where the fu*k are they getting this from ahaha  -_-
  <-- CLICK ME

Hua Fei

• Trailblazer
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2016, 05:18:32 pm »
It makes sense now.. i didnt know you choose even or add.. i was like where the fu*k are they getting this from ahaha  -_-

Do you want to test yourself?
Try these questions

BPunjabi

• Forum Obsessive
  • So... Hows life?
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2016, 05:32:29 pm »
Is the first one d) what i did was select odd and there are 3 1's if i add a zero there are still 3 1's
  <-- CLICK ME

Hua Fei

• Trailblazer
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2016, 05:47:31 pm »
Is the first one d) what i did was select odd and there are 3 1's if i add a zero there are still 3 1's

You're getting there....think about it and read the question properly - it's asking you which one of the options will require you to resend the message? ie, which one of the options are wrong?
For option d), the message looks exactly the same as the transmitted one - hence, we would not request for a resend.
Think about which parity is chosen for the message to be sent correctly. Odd or Even? Then, for the message to be wrong, look for the option that uses opposite parity to the correct one.
I'm pretty sure you'll get there - try again   :)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 05:49:15 pm by Hua Fei »

aimbotted

• Forum Regular
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2016, 05:56:47 pm »
1st one is C right?

Hua Fei

• Trailblazer
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2016, 07:51:53 pm »
1st one is C right?

Yup!   :)
Have a go at the other ones too

BPunjabi

• Forum Obsessive
  • So... Hows life?
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2016, 12:03:49 am »
Do you want to test yourself?
Try these questions

How long should each question take, can you guys do it instantly!

You're getting there....think about it and read the question properly - it's asking you which one of the options will require you to resend the message? ie, which one of the options are wrong?
For option d), the message looks exactly the same as the transmitted one - hence, we would not request for a resend.
Think about which parity is chosen for the message to be sent correctly. Odd or Even? Then, for the message to be wrong, look for the option that uses opposite parity to the correct one.
I'm pretty sure you'll get there - try again   :)

Yeah Im an idiot lol didnt read it properly ahaha,,, Do you guys have any videos I can watch on this... We had to self teach our selfs this

Moderator edit: Your double post has been merged. Please do not double post unless you have a reason for doing so.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 12:07:28 am by Aaron »
  <-- CLICK ME

Hua Fei

• Trailblazer
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2016, 12:19:59 am »
How long should each question take, can you guys do it instantly!

Do you guys have any videos I can watch on this... We had to self teach our selfs this

Since it's a multiple choice question, it shouldn't take more than 2 minutes. However, if there is a big chunk provided as a scenario, allow yourself about 5 minutes (for example, question 19 in the earlier post). With practice, you'll be able to do it much faster.
You could try watching this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlF9Tor2RWk  - although the accent is pretty strong, it has useful notes. Or, you could just search up a different one on YouTube.

Hope this helped!   :D
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 12:21:34 am by Hua Fei »