Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 01:08:19 am

Author Topic: How to plan a smashing essay?  (Read 1280 times)  Share 

rajilael

• Fresh Poster
  • Heyoo
  • Respect: 0
How to plan a smashing essay?
« on: October 11, 2016, 06:02:53 pm »
So, I'm in a bit of a pinch at the moment. I need to figure out an essay plan for a Henry Lawson text + related but I concentrated on my other modules until now! Distinctly Visual is the only module that only really does my head in and it's toying with me now!
General Mathematics, Ancient History, Chemistry, Biology, Standard English, Studies of Religion I

midorinomizu

• Fresh Poster
  • Mother, you've turned into a chicken again.
Re: How to plan a smashing essay?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 06:05:22 pm »
+1
I would suggest writing down common themes between your prescribed and related, and looking over past trial papers from this year or last year for themes across questions. Just get a vague idea about what you should be heading for and it should be alright.
Ancient History, Biology,Chemistry, General Mathematics, Standard English, Studies of Religion I

https://youtu.be/agKMF1f4hj0?t=92

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 08:01:21 pm »
I would suggest writing down common themes between your prescribed and related, and looking over past trial papers from this year or last year for themes across questions. Just get a vague idea about what you should be heading for and it should be alright.

Great suggestion! Also, nutting out an introduction is worthwhile. One paragraph, with all of your ideas. That'll be a great place to start!
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

mattmorley

• Trailblazer
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 10:17:05 pm »
agreed, common and diffrent themes, ideas and quotes to reflect this helps massivly
HSC 2017

Standard English
General Maths
Studies of Religion 2
Business Studies
Geography