Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 08:42:01 am

Author Topic: AOS Discovery Section I  (Read 1923 times)

esther609

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
  • School: St George Christian School
  • School Grad Year: 2016
AOS Discovery Section I
« on: October 12, 2016, 12:39:45 pm »
Hiiiiiii, I'm doing last minute cramming for English. I've done a past trials paper for Section I under the exam condition, but I never be able to finish all the questions on time. Is there any tips where I might be able to make last minute improvement so at least I will be able to attempt all the questions?

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +16
Re: AOS Discovery Section I
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 12:45:48 pm »
Hiiiiiii, I'm doing last minute cramming for English. I've done a past trials paper for Section I under the exam condition, but I never be able to finish all the questions on time. Is there any tips where I might be able to make last minute improvement so at least I will be able to attempt all the questions?

Hi esther!

Have you tried doing the whole paper at once in 2 hours, with 10 minutes reading time?
If so, how long do you spend on your creative (is it memorised?) and how long do you spend on your essay (memorised?).

I memorised my creative so I could do it in 25-30 minutes, and still take up 4 pages.
This leaves with more time in my essay and short answers (45 minutes each, and then 5 at the end for last minute checking).

If not, you really need to do this. Did you finish everything in the trials? If not, how close were you to finishing? Also, watch the clock. 40 minutes is 40 minutes. Only allow yourself 40 minutes for each section and come back if there is time.

There are lots of ways to try and complete everything in the trials. These are just some of them

Hope this helps and Good luck for tomorrow I am sure you'll smash it :)

esther609

• Fresh Poster
  • School: St George Christian School
  • School Grad Year: 2016
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 12:57:08 pm »
Hi esther!

Have you tried doing the whole paper at once in 2 hours, with 10 minutes reading time?
If so, how long do you spend on your creative (is it memorised?) and how long do you spend on your essay (memorised?).

I memorised my creative so I could do it in 25-30 minutes, and still take up 4 pages.
This leaves with more time in my essay and short answers (45 minutes each, and then 5 at the end for last minute checking).

If not, you really need to do this. Did you finish everything in the trials? If not, how close were you to finishing? Also, watch the clock. 40 minutes is 40 minutes. Only allow yourself 40 minutes for each section and come back if there is time.

There are lots of ways to try and complete everything in the trials. These are just some of them

Hope this helps and Good luck for tomorrow I am sure you'll smash it :)

I memorised my creative but haven't memorised my essay yet, which I'm hoping to do today! In my trials I finished the paper, however my section I wasn't completed. I got 10/15 because of the last two questions which were marked the most. I just have difficulty in analysing each texts quickly and don't really know how to approach the questions thus always run out of time at the end for the 5-6markers

vyca

• Trailblazer
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 04:38:57 pm »
Have you tried reading the questions before reading the texts? That way you know what you're looking for when you're reading the texts & can formulate an answer in your head during reading time! That should reduce some time!

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 09:22:29 pm »
Have you tried reading the questions before reading the texts? That way you know what you're looking for when you're reading the texts & can formulate an answer in your head during reading time! That should reduce some time!

Excellent suggestion! I definitely recommend this. Doing this means that you definitely save reading time because you can locate the most essential parts to the question :)
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!